Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
142 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

k. wrote:
addressing the guilt of Broadcast and the rest of artists who are engaging in this pre-release practice. You do know that all this is is an attempt to cash in with an inferior product (yes, it is air without the balloon) while preserving the promo system, except that the promo system was not broken, and the music world failed to recognize these leaks as promotional tools: they wanted in. So they're selling an inferior product in advance of the main release. Perhaps you're just trying to justify to yourself why you needed to pay more?

Cash in with an inferior product? I still say it's not inferior if it's cd quality, do you deny that they were selling cd quality? And if they think leaks harm their sales why shouldn't they try to sell now, what they will most definitely sell later, mp3's? I don't get your argument. They're not a mainstream major label act. Trying to find innovative solutions to the free download issue is legit. "Cash in" seems harsh when the artist deserves to get paid if they can. I never said by the way, that I don't download stuff.

Sep 25, 2009, 19:11

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: