Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
142 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

There is a section on the Green Screen called The Black Market, where people download copyrighted material ALL the time, such as for example, McCarthy--Tim Gane's band, no less. I don't see you all up in arms about that. You know why? You are a hypocrite.

That's been established. But it sounds like you're still trying to justify obtaining the download illegally. If you want it, pay for it. Why is that so hard to understand?

I'm not attempting to justify anything. I'm pointing out that it's unethical for Broadcast to tempt us into buying both the inferior mp3 and the official product. If they really wanted to do us a favor by releasing the mp3 early, they could have rewarded those who preordered the album with a free download, and made it available to purchase for those who only want the mp3.

They are not unethical. No one is required to make a free download available. If you think it is an inferior product, then wait for the hard copy release.

Can you admit that if you obtain the download without paying it is theft? It's a simple "yes or no" question.

I'd say it's unethical. Other bands have set a precedent for making the mp3 available to those who preorder. Their choice not to do so is an obvious money grab. It's greedy.

Can you admit that if you obtain the download without paying it is theft? It's a simple "yes or no" question.

Cheeso, I'd like you to admit you are a hypocrite and a bully, and apologize to me, k., JS, and whoever else you have intentionally flamed for no reason.

Cheeso, I'd like you to admit you are a hypocrite and a bully, and apologize to me, k., JS, and whoever else you have intentionally flamed for no reason.

Sep 25, 2009, 20:54

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: