Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts
Sep 28, 2009, 01:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mozart Breath
Mozart Breath
165 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

I think he was arrested for being in fact "Too Cool for School", yes?

Sep 28, 2009, 04:37

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

On a 31-year-old U.S. warrant. Do you think it's fair?

i dunno if it's fair but i do find that this whole thing follows a strange thread... i find it all to be strangely poetic.

first manson disciple 'squeaky' fromme gets released from jail about a month ago.

then manson follower susan atkins -- sharon tate's actual murderer -- dies in prison last thursday.

on friday poland approves a law making castration mandatory for pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE58O4LE20090925

(though he's no longer a polish citizen roman polanski is of polish descent.)

then on saturday, polanski gets arrested in switzerland...

Sep 28, 2009, 17:34

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I don't know whether Atkins killed anyone.

It does all follow a strange thread.

Anton LaVey, founder of the Satanic church, acted in Polanski's film, Rosemary's Baby (with Mia Farrow). The Dakota building was featured in the film.

Anton LaVey hired Susan Atkins (pre-Manson) as a topless witch for a show.

The Manson Family were friends with Bobby Beausoleil, who worked with Kenneth Anger, a member of LaVey's church. The Sharon Tate killing was a "copy-cat" murder meant to get Beausoleil out of jail for murder.

The Manson Family were obsessed with The Beatles.

In the same room where the Susan Atkins witch show took place, LaVey later did a ritual cursing the hippie movement.

The hippie movement essentially died when John Lennon was killed in front of the Dakota building. On the morning of the murder, Mark David Chapman, the killer, saw Mia Farrow pass by.

Sep 28, 2009, 17:52

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

could this all be the work of witches...?

Sep 28, 2009, 17:59

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

mirtchevman wrote:

"Witches ain't shit but brooms and tricks..."

Sep 28, 2009, 18:02

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

wracket wrote:
"Witches ain't shit but brooms and tricks..."

apparently they don't need to be any more than that...

Sep 28, 2009, 18:05

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

i've thought it through. and yes, i definitely think it's fair. just because dude made some pretty good movies in his career doesn't put him above the law. i'm just thinking that if the perpetrator was you or me there would be no such controversy over our arrest... the judge would throw the book at us.

'do the crime...' you know the rest.

Sep 28, 2009, 18:44

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

mirtchevman wrote:

I've got another theory:

Sep 28, 2009, 18:47

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

i found this post in a recent thread about this in the new york times. he makes a pretty strong argument:

The suggestions I would make to anyone sympathetic to Mr. Polanski's side of this case:

1) Read the grand jury testimony of the victim -- while remembering that she was a 13-year-old girl at the time -- paying particular attention to the part about forced anal penetration.

2) Imagine that you are the perpetrator of this crime and that you plead guilty to it. What do you think would happen to you, providing, of course, that you are not world-famous and rich?

3) Finally, imagine this 13-year-old is your daughter.

Now what?

As with any legal matter, one needs to delve a little bit deeper than a defendant's statements and those of his friends and colleagues. This is why we have courts.

Finally, this is not simply a crime against the "victim." This is a crime perpetrated against society. How does the State of California ever again prosecute such a crime in the future if he is simply let off? How does the United States of America ever justify pursuing similar fugitives still to come? Those future, unpunished crimes would be at the hands of all who contrive to "forgive" this man.

Sep 28, 2009, 18:48

Pages: 14 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index