Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

k. wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Have people lost their minds? What happened to human decency?

Well, that begs the question of whether people have ever been decent. Hammurabi's code has always been more popular than the Golden Rule. Man started playing God since he left Eden (metaphorically speaking), and Man will continue to pay the Karma for it.

But, uh, flying spaghetti monster. Etc.

I don't know. I see evil as a force in the world to be reckoned with. I don't think people are inherently evil in their original state of being, but I do think they are capable of doing anything good or bad. I believe we are born into the world with the seeds of good evil we carried with us from previous lives...that's my 2 cents.

I'd love to see Polanski's astrological chart and have it explained to me by an expert. He must have some pretty heavy planets affecting him, what with basically running from being imprisoned (Nazi or American) his whole life, and losing almost every significant female in his life to murder.

Whenever I see cases like Polanski's I always wonder if they are doing a service to all of us on a grand scale, by maybe helping us confront the evil within ourselves.

Oct 12, 2009, 19:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

k. wrote:
Have people lost their minds? What happened to human decency?

Well, that begs the question of whether people have ever been decent. Hammurabi's code has always been more popular than the Golden Rule. Man started playing God since he left Eden (metaphorically speaking), and Man will continue to pay the Karma for it.

But, uh, flying spaghetti monster. Etc.

I don't know. I see evil as a force in the world to be reckoned with. I don't think people are inherently evil in their original state of being, but I do think they are capable of doing anything good or bad. I believe we are born into the world with the seeds of good evil we carried with us from previous lives...that's my 2 cents.

I'd love to see Polanski's astrological chart and have it explained to me by an expert. He must have some pretty heavy planets affecting him, what with basically running from being imprisoned (Nazi or American) his whole life, and losing almost every significant female in his life to murder.

Whenever I see cases like Polanski's I always wonder if they are doing a service to all of us on a grand scale, by maybe helping us confront the evil within ourselves.

I dig what you're saying in terms of the infinite cumulative experience and those entities' contributions to it, and from there Schopenauer, and failure of compassion for all life being incomprehensible. My previous post was just my observation of the mass base consciousness at its lcd.

Oct 12, 2009, 21:42

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

What's Cheeso's problem? He probably wasn't breast fed, or his father dressed him in women's clothes.

Oct 12, 2009, 22:02

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

*bump*

Oct 12, 2009, 22:05

k.
k.
407 posts

Well, I'm not sure I don't disagree that Polanski shouldn't serve punishment on this one, whether or not 30 years have passed, a plea-deal was defaulted on, or the victim has forgiven him. It's a pretty awful mistake that he made, and less-famous and less-wealthy people would not have had the options of evading serving time that he did. I mean, if an un-famous un-wealthy person like, say, Cheeso did this, he most suredly would not have success fleeing punishment, the way that Polanski did. Polanski's not better than Cheeso, he shouldn't get different treatment, but Polanski didn't make everybody so bloodthirsty either, which is just as disgusting as what he did.

Oct 12, 2009, 22:43

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

The attitudes of society and of law enforcement toward his crime have changed in those 30 years...that's all I'm saying. If Polanski was about to be sentenced to 50 years in jail, it was not because the authorities deemed him a threat to society, it was because the judge went back on his word regarding the plea deal, because he didn't like the way the press was treating him.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/how-polanskis-probation-officer-saw-his-crime/

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/movies/11polanski.html?bl

Oct 12, 2009, 22:47

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

What's Cheeso's problem? He probably wasn't breast fed, or his father dressed him in women's clothes.

The fine words of a servant of God...

Oct 12, 2009, 23:14

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Yes, and your intentions are so pure. You never provoke anyone to anger, and all you care about his maintaining harmony.

Oct 12, 2009, 23:28

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Yes, and your intentions are so pure. You never provoke anyone to anger, and all you care about his maintaining harmony.

*is* maintaining harmony.

Oct 12, 2009, 23:29

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Anger is a natural human emotion. Jesus felt anger. He expressed it better than I do, but he still felt it. If Cheeso showed up to my church and started harrassing my pastor the way he harrasses me on this forum, and my pastor just let him stay there in the church during service, I wouldn't respect my pastor.

Being Christian doesn't mean you let people treat you like shit!

Oct 12, 2009, 23:39

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index