Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

I believe the girl was also already sexually active and had taken quaaludes before.

Still, against the law.

Sep 30, 2009, 17:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
i'm curious: what are the laws about such things in france?

All girls here are required by law to fulfill a middle aged man of the local authorities' choosing's darkest and perviest fantasies at least once annually* between the ages of 12 and 17.

*note that several letters in this word are optional for those who would prefer an even less tasteful post on my part

Sep 30, 2009, 17:35

Martian
Martian
328 posts

He's gonna go before a jury on this though. I think he should, and whatever statute of limitations that existed at the time be moot because he fleed the country.

Cybele

Sep 30, 2009, 17:47

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
I believe the girl was also already sexually active and had taken quaaludes before.

Still, against the law.

you seem hung up on the fact that this case has been up in the air for 30+ years and that it should somehow effect the outcome. and it's
true that samantha geimer (let's give her a name) was not your innocent 13 year old girl. but let's just for the sake of argument, be hypothetical: what if she hadn't been so lucky in her life as an adult woman? what if things for samantha geimer had turned out badly? there are too many women living in this world who were not so fortunate to 'get over it'.

polanski had no desire or intention of paying reparations of any kind for his crime. maybe if he had things would be different now...

Sep 30, 2009, 17:47

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

wracket wrote:
mirtchevman wrote:
i'm curious: what are the laws about such things in france?

All girls here are required by law to fulfill a middle aged man of the local authorities' choosing's darkest and perviest fantasies at least once annually* between the ages of 12 and 17.

*note that several letters in this word are optional for those who would prefer an even less tasteful post on my part

i deserved that -- my post was a lot more ignorant than i'd care to admit...

Sep 30, 2009, 17:49

lique
lique
517 posts

Yeah but in the 60's wasn't it normal to have sex with underage girls? I think hippies and hollywood moguls were doing that all the time. Sometimes in caves.

Sep 30, 2009, 18:21

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

mirtchevman wrote:

Still, against the law.

you seem hung up on the fact that this case has been up in the air for 30+ years and that it should somehow effect the outcome. and it's
true that samantha geimer (let's give her a name) was not your innocent 13 year old girl. but let's just for the sake of argument, be hypothetical: what if she hadn't been so lucky in her life as an adult woman? what if things for samantha geimer had turned out badly? there are too many women living in this world who were not so fortunate to 'get over it'.

polanski had no desire or intention of paying reparations of any kind for his crime. maybe if he had things would be different now...

If you see the documentary, you'll see that Polanski payed the debt prescribed to him by the state of California and was free to go...but because the sentencing was not yet "officially announced" and the judge was getting a bad rap from the press, the judge decided to change his mind and put him away for life. The judge also lied to the attorneys and did things that were illegal.

Even the prosecuting attorney said he understood why Polanski fled under those circumstances.

And he did "pay" for his crime monetarily by settling with the victim, who forgave him. Even at the time of the original trial, the victim and her mother did not want Polanski in jail. Also, apparently in 1997 the state of California offered to drop the whole thing if Polanski would agree to have the proceedings televised, and he didn't agree to it.

Sep 30, 2009, 19:00

Martian
Martian
328 posts

How much do you think sex with a 13 year old American girl should be worth then?

Let's set a price, which should be mutually agreed-upon between the parent(s), the 13 year old girl, and the rapist. All laws forbidding sex with this minor will be null and void since the contract would be concentual.

How much money makes it okay to rape a 13 year old in America?

Cybele

Sep 30, 2009, 19:53

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

As a Christian anarchist, I don't really believe it should be "okay" to place a price on that, to do that, or to be put in prison by a government for doing that. All of those things are wrong.

Sep 30, 2009, 20:21

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

As a Christian anarchist, I don't really believe it should be "okay" to place a price on that, to do that, or to be put in prison by a government for doing that. All of those things are wrong.

then based on the xian anarchist creed, what would be the right way of dealing w/ mr. polanski...?

Sep 30, 2009, 22:39

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index