Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

Mu Mu wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

You can't legislate morality. It has to be taught. ...
We should be a forgiving, loving, rehabilitating society.

I don't think you can legislate OR teach morality, some people are going to go out and rape children no matter what you say. There is no rehabilitation. The most we can do is segregate these people from the general population where they don't have access to children who they can force themselves on.

Best post yet on the subject, Mu Mu. Once a pedophile, always a pedophile. There is no way that this was an isolated incident for Polanski. And if you don't think it is all about protecting victims, you might want to read some of Elizabeth Smart's court testimony from earlier this week about her abduction and abuse by a creepy loser reptile. (Surprise, surprise, he did it in the name of religion).

Oct 02, 2009, 17:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Well, the definition of morality says it's "a code of conduct put forward by a society."

Individuals have their own ideas, a personal code of conduct, that may be at odds with the societies code. Thus we have laws, and enforcement of laws.

Oct 02, 2009, 17:27

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Well, the definition of morality says it's "a code of conduct put forward by a society."

Individuals have their own ideas, a personal code of conduct, that may be at odds with the societies code. Thus we have laws, and enforcement of laws.

And some people just have a bad hard drive, or processor, or memory chip, or circuit board in their skulls. Don't blame it on any number of gods, or power of evil in the universe, or past lives; just plain old broken equipment. Maybe science and medicine and doctors can help some, and unfortunately the rest must be kept away from the people who want to stick to the rules of the game.

Oct 02, 2009, 17:35

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Why do you worship Law as your god?

Oct 02, 2009, 17:56

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Who, me? Wrong tree, my bushy-tailed buddy. I don't "worship" law. Just seems like a good idea most of the time, especially if that law is based on a golden rule type of intuition that seems to be programmed into the majority of us animals.

Oct 02, 2009, 18:38

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Enough with the Roman Polanski jibber-jabber. Do you want me to have my boy Gary B throw another coup d'état and start posting Fall videos here? Well do you?

Oct 02, 2009, 18:44

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:

Yes, why?

Oct 02, 2009, 19:01

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I think there will come a day when Christ will release everyone from prison. And Roman Polanski will be there with Jesus, and so will all 13 year old girls.

Oct 02, 2009, 19:02

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

c in dc wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

And some people just have a bad hard drive, or processor, or memory chip, or circuit board in their skulls. Don't blame it on any number of gods, or power of evil in the universe, or past lives; just plain old broken equipment. Maybe science and medicine and doctors can help some, and unfortunately the rest must be kept away from the people who want to stick to the rules of the game.

I disagree. Not everything boils down to something so simple as bad wiring. Oh, this one's broke! Let's throw 'im in the bin.

It's more complex, spiritual, psychological.

Oct 02, 2009, 19:12

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
c in dc wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:

I disagree. Not everything boils down to something so simple as bad wiring. Oh, this one's broke! Let's throw 'im in the bin.

It's more complex, spiritual, psychological.

Tomāto, Tomäto

Oct 02, 2009, 20:02

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index