Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
133 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
I read he had accepted a plea agreement for time he already served, but the judge wanted to throw the book at him anyway so he fleed to europe.

I can understand why he fled, not being a citizen of this country, and being told he would get away with time served, and then told "No, wait, you get 50 years!"

What's weird about the whole thing is that he went away, traveled Europe, made movies, became a French citizen, won an Academy award, lived IN Switzerland (where he was arrested) for part of this year, where he owns property. There was admitted judicial misconduct in his case, and the victim forgave him.

Now he is he suddenly arrested. Makes no sense.

People have argued that he "got away" with it because he is rich. But if you ask me, if he were some nobody who got away with fleeing to France, and lived there for 30 years, he probably wouldn't be in this predicament. There is someone in California who wants publicity, or money, or is just plain vindictive.

Mind you, I'm not saying that what he did is excusable.

Oh, add to that he is married and has children...and is not a repeat offender. Why go after him now?

so someone who thinks of raping his 13 year old will think twice about it...?

Sep 29, 2009, 21:41

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: