Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland
133 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland

I don't think it's so much about worshiping law as god, or identifying the source of "evil"(in my opinion, a naive and archaic notion to begin with,) as it is about what kind of behaviors we accept as a society, and what the consequences should be for breaking the rules.

I also don't think it matters that the 13-year-old girl was living a wild and dangerous life when the incident occurred, if anything, it serves as a good example why Polanski should be prosecuted, somebody said it earlier, these of behaviors spread, you know, like a meme.

I do agree with LBO on one score, I think the veneer of civilization is a lot thinner than we normally imagine, it takes layer upon layer of socialization to make us behave according to society's rules, and even then, it doesn't take much for any one of us or whole groups of people to slip.

One thing's for sure though, the veneration of celebrities in our society is pretty ridiculous, but I guess they're our modern day gods and pharohs.

Oct 02, 2009, 08:07

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: