Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
salad.
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

salad.

did anybody like this band when they were around? i used to love these guys...

Oct 21, 2008, 00:16

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Re: salad.

Yah, they were pretty good. Now when I hear them I always think of the time when my brother, who was a hardcore fan, nearly wet himself when visiting me in Outlanda and finding pretty much every CD single they had ever released in the 50 cent bargain bin of a local record store.

Oct 21, 2008, 02:11

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

I think I picked up 1 or 2 of their import singles (looks like a nice green mountainside from what I remember) at a cd show @ a Holiday Inn. Stuff was so cheap that I would buy things I've never hear of, just because the cover looked interesting. Sometimes found cd singles for $3 instead of $12, and $5 full-length cds instead of $20 imports. Anyway, I never got into Salad, but maybe I just didn't check it out when I would have been in the mood.

Oct 21, 2008, 04:48

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Labhead wrote:
I think I picked up 1 or 2 of their import singles (looks like a nice green mountainside from what I remember)

heh, that was the same single that caught my eye initially. but i actually ended up giving them a little more attention than you did -- i went on and bought every recording of theirs i could get my hands on. it was a nice variation on the notorious brit-pop sound that was happening at the time...

Oct 21, 2008, 14:50

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

You don't win friends with salad.

Oct 21, 2008, 17:06

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Cheeso wrote:
You don't win friends with salad.

then i suppose it's a good thing i don't choose my friends that way...

Oct 21, 2008, 17:10