Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Komeda, anyone?
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Komeda, anyone?

About 10 yrs ago, my best friend accidently borrowed a new cd I had, Komeda's "What Makes It Go". He thought it sounded a little like Stereolab.

Here's a couple of the best from that album:
(my first attempt at posting video, hope this works)

Komeda - Cul de Sac:

Komeda - It's Alright Baby:

Just curious, anybody else out there like it? :)

Oct 21, 2008, 05:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Komeda, anyone?

One more try:

Cul de Sac:

Oct 21, 2008, 05:07

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

It's Alright, Baby

It's Alright, Baby:

Oct 21, 2008, 05:09

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

Yes I love them. thanks to Mr k. from this very forum.

Shame they're defunct...

What Makes It Go? is my favourite, along with Pop P? Svenska. There used to me a guy here whose username was 'vivakomeda'. He was funny, he used to question the prevailing leftist tendencies in a thoughtful way.

Oct 21, 2008, 06:27

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5935 posts

Thanks for these. Nice to be reminded of them. I think a number of people here like them.

Oct 21, 2008, 06:49

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

thomas2 wrote:
There used to me a guy here whose username was 'vivakomeda'. He was funny, he used to question the prevailing leftist tendencies in a thoughtful way.

i thought he was an a-hole.

Oct 21, 2008, 09:53

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

i was trying to be diplomatic.

Oct 21, 2008, 10:04

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

I like Komeda and I own several of their cd's, but I think they were in a different league compared to Stereolab.
They lacked their experimentalism and they never developed a much as the groop did.

Oct 21, 2008, 11:05

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Re: It's Alright, Baby

Righteous, I'd somehow never seen that video!

Komeda were the jammiest of jammy jams.

Oct 21, 2008, 11:16

vivakomeda
746 posts

:(

Oct 21, 2008, 11:32

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index