Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cobra...is probably the best
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Cobra...is probably the best

Carlsberg don't make experimental-electronic-pop-music....

*anticipating lager gags*

Oct 21, 2008, 14:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Cobra...is probably the best

you're so right. Less gassy. Might have to pick up a crate on the way home.

Oct 21, 2008, 14:36

astro_jose
astro_jose
32 posts

cobra was the most voted for favorite on koly's site with a huge advantage, i remember, i think next wete sound dust and mars audiac quintet.

it is my absolute favorite! it flows so heavenly!

sometimes i skip the spiracles though hehe (blush)

Oct 21, 2008, 17:23

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

We're talking about Cobra Indian lager thogh - which also flows beautifully.

Oct 21, 2008, 17:24

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

I sooooooooooo agree.

This sprawling double is the band's finest hour imo.

The Pilzner Urquell of their canon if they like. A golden, visionary, hoppy light and airy brew with an intensely rewarding taste remaining true to its original source.

Screw accusations of "egghead dilettantism" from journo's who just don't get it ...
and FEEL the ambition.

Oct 21, 2008, 19:37

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Well said!

It's the ice-cold-beer-on-a-sizzling-hot-day of albums. It's cup runneth over. Amen.

Oct 21, 2008, 19:56

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

so what would be the 'champagne' of Stereolab albums?

D&L? It is rather bubbly and effervescent.

Oct 21, 2008, 20:09

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Mmm - champagne is bubbly and French. The most bubbly and French album is........Chemical Chords!

Oct 21, 2008, 20:11

Mark Lewis
1 posts

Played this again recently and suddenly rated it more than ever, even though ETK has always been and possibly still is my favourite overall. Cobra always stands out to me as the most explicitly 'jazz' in the groop's oeuvre... which is why I like it just so much...

Plus, it's a beautiful colour...

Oct 23, 2008, 23:04

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Cobra...Top 2 or 3. Sing it! :)

Oct 24, 2008, 03:43

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index