Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
search function, resource of old forum threads, lost?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

search function, resource of old forum threads, lost?

What's up with losing 6 or so years of information without bothering to say anything to the forum? I understand a new design, whether I like it or not isn't the issue. This forum, regardless of the trolls in the past and the drama, was a huge resource for music. Are they really throwing that all away without so much as a word? Pikey and kleber, will you shed light on that for us?

Oct 01, 2008, 17:19

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: search function, resource of old forum threads, lost?

I'm fine with it. We need a clean slate every now and then.

Oct 01, 2008, 17:29

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

I don't agree at all, "we" don't. I think it's a shame to lose all that musical information.

Oct 01, 2008, 17:36

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

If they can't import it all, why can't they just offer it as a closed archive? Is it too expensive?

Oct 01, 2008, 17:39

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Lost Language, tranlations, setlists, etc

I hope we can get the old forum posts back, too. There was so much valuable info in there, such as the lyric translations, setlists, etc etc.

Oct 01, 2008, 17:41

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I don't agree at all, "we" don't. I think it's a shame to lose all that musical information.

I'm sure there might be a troll or two who would still like to have those old posts, so they can quote people and take their words out of context in order to provoke and attack.

Oct 01, 2008, 17:42

guero
170 posts

New forum
New Times
Fresh start

Oct 01, 2008, 18:03

JS
JS
489 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

I'm sure there might be a troll or two who would still like to have those old posts, so they can quote people and take their words out of context in order to provoke and attack.

True, but still, I also agree with Cyb.

Oct 01, 2008, 18:18

schally
12 posts

Re: Lost Language, tranlations, setlists, etc

Well at least we could have been warned... I'm not very happy with the new design yet and I really miss the info in the old threads!

Oct 01, 2008, 20:31

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Lost Language, tranlations, setlists, etc

schally wrote:
Well at least we could have been warned... I'm not very happy with the new design yet and I really miss the info in the old threads!

I've been anticipating this for some time, and I copied what I wanted already from the old forum.

Oct 01, 2008, 20:43

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index