Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Voters mocked, hailed as terrorists, tires slashed
11 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: Voters mocked, hailed as terrorists, tires slashed

I lived on the North Side until I just couldn't take the cost of living up there. I also had been living up there without a car for 8+ years, and I wanted a little car.

I enjoy Forest Park because it's right on the edge of Chicago. So, technically, it is a suburb, but if you need to get downtown, it's very quick. I work downtown, and in Forest Park, I have access to the Metra, Green Line, and Blue Line. From the loop, it actually takes me the same amount of time to take the 'L to Forest Park as it did taking the bus to Lincoln Park.

I'm also right on 290 (Eisenhower) as well, so driving out or driving in is quick. Parking is easy too.

Main thing is, you get tons of space for the price, and everything else is cheaper (gas, taxes, food, etc). I think that the Chicago suburbs have over-extended themselves. I mean, some people commute from Joliet now. It's insane, costly, and it uses tons of energy and time. The commute will not get cheaper, so Forest Park is centered well between the extreme suburbs and the city.

In fact, if I had money, I would buy here. I know the values will go up as the corruption and cost of living in Chicago does the same. Illinois is corrupt enough. . .

Cybele

Oct 22, 2008, 01:44