Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Wow and Flutter
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Wow and Flutter

Hey, they stole Stereolab's song title for this Bjork book.

http://www.amazon.com/Bjork-Wow-Flutter-Mark-Pytlik/dp/1550225561/ref=pd_ys_home_shvl_loader_129

Maybe they should sue her? j/k :)

Oct 14, 2009, 17:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: Wow and Flutter

That's weird.

Oct 14, 2009, 18:17

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
That's weird.

Not really. That phrase describes an audio artifact common to analog tape recording, used long before Stereolab used it.

Oct 14, 2009, 18:23

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
That's weird.

Not really. That phrase describes an audio artifact common to analog tape recording, used long before Stereolab used it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow_and_flutter_measurement

I wonder if he somehow used a synthesized Wow & Flutter technique in that song, doing it on purpose somehow/somewhere?

Oct 14, 2009, 19:13

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Labhead wrote:
Hey, they stole Stereolab's song title for this Bjork book.

http://www.amazon.com/Bjork-Wow-Flutter-Mark-Pytlik/dp/1550225561/ref=pd_ys_home_shvl_loader_129

Maybe they should sue her? j/k :)

Its not official either. Mark Pytlik has prolly already been sued.

Oct 14, 2009, 19:28

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

waxenpith wrote:
Its not official either. Mark Pytlik has prolly already been sued.

in one form or another.

Oct 14, 2009, 19:29

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Irregularities in the playback speed of analog recordings

Oct 14, 2009, 19:46

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

yeppers, I saw that one before. seen it at the bookstore.

Oct 14, 2009, 23:25

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

do you mean it's a technique from back in the days, way back, when music was inspiring and required talent or an average persons intelligence to execute? aw man, what about all the crying dolphin references??

Oct 14, 2009, 23:34

skeej
skeej
6 posts

Ironically, my copy of Mars Audiac Quintet has MASSIVE wow issues on the side with Wow & Flutter. It's especially cringeworthy on Etoilles Electroniques, with it's long stretched pad notes. I actually just registered on the board to ask if this is a common problem for this pressing. Really not cool, cause Quintet is one of my fav albums and I really wanted to experience it in all it's analog glory :(

Oct 22, 2009, 19:53

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index