Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Wow and Flutter
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Wow and Flutter

skeej wrote:
Ironically, my copy of Mars Audiac Quintet has MASSIVE wow issues on the side with Wow & Flutter. It's especially cringeworthy on Etoilles Electroniques, with it's long stretched pad notes. I actually just registered on the board to ask if this is a common problem for this pressing. Really not cool, cause Quintet is one of my fav albums and I really wanted to experience it in all it's analog glory :(

What do you have, record or tape?

Oct 22, 2009, 21:01

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

That is a common phrase, just like spinal column, fruition, pinball or three women. Now if it was The Ecstatic Static we would have an issue as this title is a unique creation of Stereolab!

Oct 22, 2009, 21:57

skeej
skeej
6 posts

Labhead wrote:
What do you have, record or tape?

Record. I'm quite new in the vinyl world so I though maybe my turntable was the problem. I took the record to an audio store, and the guy there told me it was a bad pressing. I thought Stereolab took value in their vinyl releases :(

Nov 01, 2009, 23:00

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Sep 29, 2010, 20:42

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

A record/book/comic shop in Hastings:
https://wowandflutterhastings.com

They say:
"Why Wow And Flutter? The name is one of our favourite Stereolab songs and also refers to the measurement of playback variations in rotary audio devices. It felt like a fitting mix that was personal to us and also gives a bit of context to what we do."

Must pay them a visit if I'm in Hastings at any point.

Jun 27, 2017, 21:43

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index