Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
I'm spending the afternoon listening to...
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

I'm spending the afternoon listening to...

Fela Kuti

(then going to Kings of Leon tonight)

noise

Oct 21, 2008, 20:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: I'm spending the afternoon listening to...

Department of Eagles (Grizzly Bear side project) and the new Dungen album.

Oct 21, 2008, 20:48

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

I enjoy me some Grizzly Bear! Will have to check out the project.

noise

Oct 21, 2008, 20:58

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

It's really good! The 2nd track off the album stood out to me right away.

I saw Grizzly Bear at a small venue in Minneapolis a couple years back for the "Yellow House" tour and have been a devout fan ever since.

Oct 21, 2008, 21:34

easychord
69 posts

Kings of Leon! Saw them at Bonnaroo. Met the band members, all brothers(by blood) you know, but they are not too social. They are from a small Tennessee town maybe 100 miles southeast of here. The drummer is very friendly, though. Speak to him if you get the chance.

Oct 21, 2008, 21:36

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

'ferndorf' by hauschka. it's perfect music for focussing on the next task at hand...

Oct 21, 2008, 21:40

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

meanchico wrote:
It's really good! The 2nd track off the album stood out to me right away.

I saw Grizzly Bear at a small venue in Minneapolis a couple years back for the "Yellow House" tour and have been a devout fan ever since.

I have a good friend in MSP who was probably at the same show. He turned me on to them. I'll let him know about the side project, but he may already know.

noise

Oct 21, 2008, 21:44

noise of carpet
noise of carpet
55 posts

Cool! I do enjoy hanging with the band if given the opportunity. Sadly, the show isn't at a club venue, but at the same place the Oregon Symphony plays. Not much chance to buy the band a drink as I have done for the groop and the boys from British Sea Power!

noise

Oct 21, 2008, 21:45

Machine is Bored With Love
Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

"Pomme Fritz (Meat n' Veg)" by the Orb on repeat mode while I wind down from a long day at work.

Oct 21, 2008, 22:10

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

House of Arrest by ariel pink

The only album by him I haven't listened

sounds amazing

Oct 21, 2008, 22:16