Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Kleber Fix-It Thread
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Kleber Fix-It Thread

The "Who are you?" thread now having moved to a 10th page has shown an easy-to-fix problem with the site: in "flat" mode, one cannot immediately access the most recent posts once a thread gets over 60 messages long. So, maybe we could draw Kleber (assuming their still watching)'s attention to this and other issues with this thread?

In this particular case, it would be fixed with a simple "last" option, rather than only have pages 1 through 6 available. As it stands now, one has to click on page 6, then again on page 9...and only then can one get to the 10th page. Can you imagine if we start building monstrous threads like on the old board?

Any other suggestions for our friends at Kleber?

Oct 21, 2008, 21:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Kleber Fix-It Thread

Yes.

When I click on a thread, the typeface gets sorta grayed out, to let me know I've clicked on it, but... when I click on a specific reply within a thread, it just stays red. So when I go back to a thread, I have to look very hard to find the reply that's new to the thread, whereas it could be much easier if they simply grayed out those links after they've been clicked on.

I would love that.

Oct 21, 2008, 21:55

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

My suggestion is for the "Threaded" Mode.

Oct 21, 2008, 21:57

Machine is Bored With Love
Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

I'd like the forum to automatically update after a new post.

Oct 21, 2008, 22:48

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I just still have a bitch of a time figuring out which are the new posts in this new forum. By changing the timestamp to "Today" for new posts was how the old ofish got around this problem. Might make a nice "throwback"/improvement here. *hint* The new forum has grown on me quite a bit overall!

Oct 22, 2008, 02:09

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

when you search it gives every post the same date of DECEMBER 31 1969. Which makes it hard to discern which one is which when they all say.

Oct 22, 2008, 02:46

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

when they all say the same date.

Oct 22, 2008, 02:48

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Doesnt the second set of Pages render the "2" page tab unclickable?

Oct 22, 2008, 02:50

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

waxenpith wrote:
Doesnt the second set of Pages render the "2" page tab unclickable?

I'm not completely sure I follow you, but yes, once you get to page "6" or so you no longer see a tab for earlier pages, though you do still have the option for page "1". I'm suggesting that, when first clicking on the thread on flat mode, we should already have the option to go to the most recent posts.

Oct 22, 2008, 07:34

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I don't really know what you're talking about but I'll agree with you anyway because you're clever.

Oct 22, 2008, 11:44

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index