Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What if the final name of Chemical Chords 2 won't be Chemical Chords 2?
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Re: What if the final name of Chemical Chords 2 won't be Chemical Chords 2?

Well I disagree. As we know there are quite a few new fans of the lab on this very board. People keep discovering their catalog. They're still active musicians doing projects, and I do believe they'll release CC2 if Pikey says it will be released. He was making a point to me at the gig that they are taking a well deserved break, Tim wants to spend time with his family, and deserves a couple years off. This is what the word was from management. Of course they want to put a positive spin on things to the fans, but since they are artists and I'm sure proud of their music, I think there may be a point in the future that they will do something else. And at the very least, release music they have made that may have a market, and even if it's not a very large market, that's never stopped them before.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

I understand about the need for a break, etc. but wouldn't it make more sense to take it after the release of CHEMICAL CHORDS 2?
After all they are not going on tour for it so they will not have to work around the project after its release. And I am sure the lp is finished.
If they are planning to wait in order to release it as a stop-gap at some point I think sales will be penalized. Because by then there will be less interest for it than now as it will not really be their "new" album.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:10

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

velvetwater wrote:
And I am sure the lp is finished.

Do you know that it's been mastered etc? Wondering if this is in one of the interviews or something.

It was a couple years between Fab Four and Chemical Chords. Though I realize it might not be thought of as a new project since it was recorded at the same time.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:21

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

I also have the impression that it's Laetitia that's more interested in CC2, was more involved in it, and stressed it's differences to CC1.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:22

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

It does not make any sense, commercially or not commercially to wait 2 years to release a record that is ready.
It's even possible that by then Tim will have lost any interest in the project and will scrap it.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:26

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I don't think it's ready. I think that is a lie from the pit of hell.
interestingly enough, I learned the other day that the word BANANA is code for subliminal messages. I don't care if they take three years to release CC2. I'll still be here waiting.

I'm doing my dance animation thing. It is very exciting to me.

Nov 09, 2009, 01:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

velvetwater wrote:
It does not make any sense, commercially or not commercially to wait 2 years to release a record that is ready.
It's even possible that by then Tim will have lost any interest in the project and will scrap it.

Perhaps, but this is the same band that released Eaten Horizons, a bunch of demos. Their history is to release more music inbetween regular albums, not less. Especially if they say they're going to release something.

Nov 09, 2009, 02:35

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

If i were their management i would ride this out see whats happening with them. If it looks like it is going to be in fact a LAST RECORD, than release as much between as possible. b-sides, reissues, album, more reissues, another best of, ride it out, buy some time.

The industry is in shambles. The reaction to CC wasnt strong even from fans. the only thing they need to time, and to make people hungry for what their selling.

scatter a few solo projects in there... and you have rebuilt desire.

Nov 09, 2009, 02:56

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Well we're supposed to get another switched on. But Pikey's being particularly vague about that one, even more so than CC2, and he's mentioned it for a long time. The one thing I don't have high hopes for at least in the short term is to get the live concert footage that was shot, I think during FFS?

Nov 09, 2009, 05:56

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Thats a lot of expense to be scrapped. Unfortunate.

Nov 09, 2009, 14:00

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index