Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Are Galaxidion or La Spirale any decent?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Are Galaxidion or La Spirale any decent?

I've heard they're on the Japanese editions of Cobra and Margerine.
Do you think it is worth paying mucho money just for those two songs?
The bonus tracks on the edition of Chemical Chords I got are even some of the best tracks on the album.
Can we talk about the same level of awesomeness in this case?
Of course, purely subjective, but...

Oct 23, 2009, 18:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Are Galaxidion or La Spirale any decent?

YZ wrote:

Do you think it is worth paying mucho money just for those two songs?

hell yes! those albums don't feel complete if those tracks aren't included...

Oct 23, 2009, 18:23

YZ
YZ
72 posts

I've just noticed that they're on Switched Off.

But where can I get Switched Off?
Is it a bootleg or something?

Oct 23, 2009, 18:30

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I like La Spirale much more than Galaxidion.

The CC b-sides are wonderful! I've said it many times in the past and I'll say it again: Magne Music is the best damn thing they've done in the past few years.

Oct 23, 2009, 18:44

YZ
YZ
72 posts

meanchico wrote:

The CC b-sides are wonderful! I've said it many times in the past and I'll say it again: Magne Music is the best damn thing they've done in the past few years.

Yes, excellent stuff, although it's hard to come something by Stereolab as the best thing they ever did - there are lots of excellent stuff nearly on every album! It's really unbelievable.

Oct 23, 2009, 19:18

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

meanchico wrote:

Dammit, I still don't have those extra songs from CC, I never did pick up the Japanese import. I hope they're on the upcoming release or a future compilation, but I can't wait forever!

I have a couple records I haven't heard yet as well since I don't have a player yet. :)

Oct 24, 2009, 22:34

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

meanchico wrote:

I second the CC comment. Every one of those tour singles & bonus tracks are worth tracking down... which is why I'm so disappointed with the tardiness of this CC2 business - wtf? Did they decide to release all the best material as 7" singles, or is there an even more amazing collection of tracks that they're hording away somewhere?

Oct 25, 2009, 01:39

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

I thought Pikey said it wouldn't be til next year.

Oct 25, 2009, 09:49

suggestive_devil
suggestive_devil
106 posts

subjectively...

la spirale, except the fact of having the japanese version of M E, is quite dispensable.

BUT, galaxidion is surely a pearl amongst the others in Cobra Phases, and goes so well right after Come & Play in the milky night.
That one is truly an amazing-in-sound-layers track.

La spirale is a gentle song in fact, lyrically and melodically.

Oct 25, 2009, 11:46

YZ
YZ
72 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
meanchico wrote:

I second the CC comment. Every one of those tour singles & bonus tracks are worth tracking down... which is why I'm so disappointed with the tardiness of this CC2 business - wtf? Did they decide to release all the best material as 7" singles, or is there an even more amazing collection of tracks that they're hording away somewhere?

If the stuff on CC2 (whatever of it is still unreleased) is at least a bit better than Solar Throw-Away, we're saved.

That being said, I don't hate Solar Throw-Away, but it's really hard (for me) to get into it.

Oct 25, 2009, 19:37

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index