Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The "thing" on Caleidoscopic Gaze
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

The "thing" on Caleidoscopic Gaze

What is it?
A robot guitar?
A Moog on guitarotherapy?
I really couldn't figure it out.
I mean that trippy instrument from the third part of the song.
It makes me think of Las Vegas running through one's blood veins.

Oct 24, 2009, 17:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: The

It sounds like a guitar with a wah-wah pedal fed through the EQ section of a Moog. Anybody remember how the Groop does that part of the song live?

Oct 24, 2009, 18:57

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: The Thing.

I never realized that there was a musical Saw in there, i guess i just assumed it was a keyboard or Theremin or something.

As for the robot guitar, might be the Electronic Harpsichord? but it's kind got a breathing quality to it, which says Harmonium but i don't think it is, unless its heavily distorted thru a peddle.

there is definitely a Clavinet in there...

Sounds like a Free Reed instrument of some kind.... Melodica?

Perhaps we'll have to wait till the album is reissued and pray the expanded liner notes tell us what it is.

Oct 24, 2009, 18:59

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Heh, sounds complicated.
Proving how smart they were.
I just realized a similar thing is heard on Miss Modular.
But I don't think that's as complicated as the one on Caleidoscopic Gaze.
I can't figure out other examples now...

Oct 24, 2009, 19:08

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

waxenpith wrote:
I never realized that there was a musical Saw in there, i guess i just assumed it was a keyboard or Theremin or something.

Woah, a revelation! Why don't I think about these things? I always loved it and imagined some Martian or Lost in Space landscape or something other-worldly when I heard it. It takes out some of the magic when you know how they do it... (just like the movies, I don't like CGI much)

Oct 24, 2009, 22:17