Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Biden/Palin debate
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Re: Biden/Palin debate

Before we begin tonights debate please allow me to say thanks to Stereolab for its astounding music, the honorable members of this Forum and the third grade class of Wanibe Elementary School of Osketa, Alaska.

Oct 03, 2008, 17:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

argylecover
35 posts

Re: Just So I Have This Straight. . .

Hey Cybele,

I'll address your point Cybele! Gwen Ifill is a moderate centrist...she is not writing a "pro-" Obama book but a book about what the Obama candidacy means for America. But whatever: I'd guess that in terms of her private political leanings I'd bet she's probably a Democrat. But as a pundit and political analyst she's anything but a leftist: of all the big names figures she has always struck me as neurotically preoccupied with coming across as non-partisan. Do you recall how she moderated the VP debates last time around? She lobbed softballs at Cheney (strange, considering he had a fairly controversial record as VP to defend) while going pretty decisively on the attack with John Edwards. And this time: can you honestly say that she was unfair in her handling of Sarah Palin? Sarah Palin categorically REFUSED to answer a number of questions and evaded several others. Whether you see her as a terrible, sloganeering lightweight--as I do--or not, I do not think Ifill gave you any legitimate cause to complain last night.

Cheers,

Bob

Oct 03, 2008, 20:01

argylecover
35 posts

Re: Just So I Have This Straight. . .

McCain has known for a long time about Gwen Ifill's book. Nobody complained because nobody cared. The book is hardly grounds for disqualification. If anything, I'd bet you that Republicans were GLAD to have Ifill moderate the debate because she has a proven record of going easy on Republicans in debates! She mollycoddled Cheney in '04.

This media-bias game is getting old fast. How about we stop? :)

Oct 03, 2008, 20:03

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Obama/Biden need to take this seriously

Thanks for the suggestions and warning, hopefully Obama considers that.

My girlfriend went into this debate with an open mind, wanting to like Palin since she's also female. However, she couldn't stand Palin's answers or attitude, especially that she kept refusing to answer questions and didn't say anything good or significant. Hopefully not everybody out there is so blinded that they actually like the Moosilini after seeing last night's performance, especially from Joe. I'm surprised that you think he looked tired. I didn't know much about Joe before, but I thought his strength and energy were very stong! I kept thinking, DAMN, this might really be a blowout election for Obama! But I have to remember there's still a lot of racism and voters being illegally scrubbed from the polls, much like they've done in the last couple elections.

Palin is so far out of her league here, anybody that denies this would vote for a freakin' rock if it were on the GOP ticket.

Oct 03, 2008, 21:16

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Obama/Biden need to take this seriously

This one is really good:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/02/AR2008100203046.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Hmmmm... I hope I got this link from Reddit, and didn't just find it on this forum and re-post. :)

I'm not sure if I mis-heard last night, but did Palin at one point say "Talibani"? With an extra "E" sound on the end? I laughed about that pretty good, but I might have mis-heard.

And, I was taken aback when she agreed with Cheney about the VP's job not being in the Executive Branch... it's defined in the frickin' consitution dammit! But, with the way she "answered" it, it's not clear if she really understood the question.

Oct 03, 2008, 21:20

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index