Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Kyberneticka Babicka
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Kyberneticka Babicka

strange song

even by lab standards

Oct 30, 2009, 15:46


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

matthew6 wrote:
strange song

even by lab standards


hell yeah -- i rank it high up there among my favorites for that VERY reason. i wish they'd continued down that path and explored it more. i feel the same way about 'free-witch and no-bra queen'...

Oct 30, 2009, 15:51


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

I couldn't agree more. It's such a dazzling departure.

Perhaps we should start a thread inquiring about various opinions of uncharacteristic Stereolab songs?

Oct 30, 2009, 16:05


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

Hear hear - wonderful (pair of) track(s)

Oct 30, 2009, 16:54


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

Not very strange actually.
It reminds a lot of the minimalist pieces on the albums between Dots and Loops (see certain parts of Refractions in the Plastic Pulse) and Sound-Dust.
Besides that, I can hear very clearly in the song "love you, love you, love you, love you..."
That's the message, I think: infinite love.
And for that I like it better than other songs in the same time (for instance the sinister opening of Sound-Dust).

Oct 30, 2009, 17:01


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

YZ wrote:
Not very strange actually.
It reminds a lot of the minimalist pieces on the albums between Dots and Loops (see certain parts of Refractions in the Plastic Pulse) and Sound-Dust.
Besides that, I can hear very clearly in the song "love you, love you, love you, love you..."
That's the message, I think: infinite love.
And for that I like it better than other songs in the same time (for instance the sinister opening of Sound-Dust).


It's one of those looped Stereolab songs like Tomorrow Is Already Here and John Cage Bubblegum... a style I tend to like

According to the Stereolab Origins series Kybernericka is influenced by Philip Glass's "The Grid"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me04BWqr_Xo&feature=related

a piece that completely and utterly blows my mind

Oct 30, 2009, 17:12


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

matthew6 wrote:
YZ wrote:
Not very strange actually.
It reminds a lot of the minimalist pieces on the albums between Dots and Loops (see certain parts of Refractions in the Plastic Pulse) and Sound-Dust.
Besides that, I can hear very clearly in the song "love you, love you, love you, love you..."
That's the message, I think: infinite love.
And for that I like it better than other songs in the same time (for instance the sinister opening of Sound-Dust).


It's one of those looped Stereolab songs like Tomorrow Is Already Here and John Cage Bubblegum... a style I tend to like

According to the Stereolab Origins series Kybernericka is influenced by Philip Glass's "The Grid"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me04BWqr_Xo&feature=related

a piece that completely and utterly blows my mind


Actually, many Stereolab songs can be called "looped" more or less - Emperor Tomato Ketchup, the various parts of Jenny Ondioline, I Feel the Air (of Another Planet), Outer Bongolia, parts of Blue Milk, Soop Groove #1, etc. etc.

Oct 30, 2009, 17:24


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

YZ wrote:

Actually, many Stereolab songs can be called "looped" more or less - Emperor Tomato Ketchup, the various parts of Jenny Ondioline, I Feel the Air (of Another Planet), Outer Bongolia, parts of Blue Milk, Soop Groove #1, etc. etc.


this is true...

Oct 30, 2009, 17:52


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka





Oct 31, 2009, 03:05


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

guero
170 posts

Re: Kyberneticka Babicka

mirtchevman wrote:
YZ wrote:

Actually, many Stereolab songs can be called "looped" more or less - Emperor Tomato Ketchup, the various parts of Jenny Ondioline, I Feel the Air (of Another Planet), Outer Bongolia, parts of Blue Milk, Soop Groove #1, etc. etc.


this is true...


Actually, Stereolab is a cover band. They use lyrics from books, titles from movies and most important, songs from other bands.

Oct 31, 2009, 11:43

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index