Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Refried Ectoplasm
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Refried Ectoplasm

I'm slow on the uptake, I just realized they've been playing up to 5 songs from Refried. In that pitchfork interview he responded about which album to introduce Stereolab with, and he thought Refried Ectoplasm. There are some classics on there for sure.

For the anal among us here's the breakdown from the set lists I've seen:
1- Peng
1- Transient
1- MAQ
5- Refried Ectoplasm
2- ETK
0- Dots! :'(
1- Cobra
1- Sound-Dust
1- Fab 4
10- CC and newer

Oct 22, 2008, 06:02

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Refried Ectoplasm

doesnt margerine even deserve a listing?

Oct 22, 2008, 13:27

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

waxenpith wrote:
doesnt margerine even deserve a listing?

AFAICT, they haven't played a single tune from Margerine this tour either. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the current setlists don't seem to include anything from this album.

Oct 22, 2008, 14:23

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

it doesnt include dots either, but at least dots has the respect enuff to get a Zero and a frowny face.

Margerine Eclipse - 0 :_(

Oct 22, 2008, 15:04

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

hey cyber, did you make it to last night's show?

Oct 22, 2008, 15:11

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Perhaps Margerine and Dots require more electronics on stage, but it would be pretty awesome and possible with less electronics if they would play Margerine Rock as part of the set! Laetitia's voice is so clear and commanding in this hard rocking song about the "creature".

Oct 22, 2008, 15:39

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I'm slow on the uptake, I just realized they've been playing up to 5 songs from Refried.

i can imagine that these songs must be the funnest for tim and the groop to play live. they evoke the motorik-krautrock sound more than any of their other records...

when they've played these songs live in the past i've watched tim -- he gets completely lost in them.

Oct 22, 2008, 15:40

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

moonduck wrote:
Perhaps Margerine and Dots require more electronics on stage, but it would be pretty awesome and possible with less electronics if they would play Margerine Rock as part of the set! Laetitia's voice is so clear and commanding in this hard rocking song about the "creature".

Sooo very true. Margerine Rock would totally fit in with this tour, its kind of 'to the point' like most of CC.

Oct 22, 2008, 15:42

murilix
murilix
87 posts

you're absolutely right. tim seems way more at ease in these tunes.

Oct 22, 2008, 15:52

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Lo Boob Oscillator was the highlight of the show for me, I almost cried.

Oct 22, 2008, 16:06

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index