Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Space Age Batchelor Pad Music (2x)
14 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Space Age Batchelor Pad Music (2x)

From The Groop Played... I only like that one song (the first one, I think) with the lyrics "You're sensational, you're sensational..." and the two Space Age Batchelor Pad Music interludes. There's something magical about these two pieces. Just like the two exotica(-ish) pieces on MAQ, they're something unexpected. Or somewhat. In any case, the Mellow one could almost figure as an audio representation of the cover of ETK. I like it a lot and would have wished the Stereolab have done more Moog-only songs. I know, I know, I can just look for more Moog era records and find what I want, but I would need some heavy guidance in that area, and anyway Stereolab is Stereolab...

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the Foamy piece. Which is not only somewhat out of place on a Stereolab record, but it also has something that I can't quite put my finger on it... It has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi, but different from the je-ne-sais-quoi of other Stereolab songs... It's somehow hypnotic. And somehow not sad. Although subtle.

Nov 03, 2009, 13:51