Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why does this site attract "Religious zealots"
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Why does this site attract

meanchico wrote:
well put!

I've had a lot of practice over the last ~15 years. :)

Nov 13, 2009, 19:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I'm a transhumanist. I believe the next phase of human evolution is to integrate humans and computers and robotics.

Nov 13, 2009, 20:39

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I would gladly volunteer myself for the cause.

Nov 13, 2009, 20:42

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I'm a transhumanist. I believe the next phase of human evolution is to integrate humans and computers and robotics.

Really? Because you've never mentioned that here before. Wait, let me check. Nope, not once!

Nov 13, 2009, 20:48

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

what are you talking about? I'm always ranting about human/robot coitus. I'm down with it, that's how I roll. Once you go cyborg you never go back!!

Nov 13, 2009, 21:04

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

but I live in this really small town where religious groups actually "mob"/ "stalk" people who they disagree with. they have names like REPENT (town that I live in) and they set up protests sites outside of "sinner" functions. so I try to keep a lid on it. I don't want any trouble from these wackjobs.

Nov 13, 2009, 21:07

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

yay!

Nov 13, 2009, 21:51

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

I made the statement i made, as a result of YEARS of there being a revolving door of zealots around here.

To each his own, i don't care what anyone practices. Tell yourself what you have to, to get thru the day, and i'll tell myself what i need to hear to get thru the day.

It's as interesting to me as discussing navel lint. Stereolab has no significant religious nature. I don't understand why on this forum it's a topic that just keeps coming up, pointlessly, it's like a cheap and easy way to get a reaction from people. Or perhaps a ploy for attention.

Quite frankly this is my last post in regards to religion. As posting a positive or negative statement only serves to encourage these discussions. I encourage others to do the same.

Kindest Regards,

Wax N. Pith.

Nov 13, 2009, 22:17

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

waxenpith wrote:
It's as interesting to me as discussing navel lint.

Hmmm... tell me more of this intriguing navel lint concept that you speak of. It sounds truly profound.

Nov 13, 2009, 23:47

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

oof.....the smell. a tweezer is a must.

Nov 14, 2009, 00:30

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index