Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why does this site attract "Religious zealots"
81 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Why does this site attract

YZ wrote:
Labhead wrote:
We are all atheists... you just happen to believe in one more god than I do. ;P
Ask yourself why you don't believe in the other gods, and you may find why I don't believe in yours (or any).

There are some good ideas in the bible... and then there's other ideas that are just crazy.

(...) I find atheists to be much better people than people of faith because atheists have come to our conclusions through reasoning and choice rather than fear.

I tend to find that religion seems to breed intolerance and hatred for others who don't believe the same thing, but of course this exists in mankind even without religion... it just seems like religion/belief is just another division and brings out this trait quicker and more viciously. (...)

My final thoughts, however, always come back to the fact that different things work for different people. They can work even if there's no god, and some people need that feeling of love and comfort; feeling that there's more to the universe & an afterlife... not everyone can be an independant minded atheist, it's not easy for most... but we all start out as atheists before being brainwashed by our parents. :)

Erm... really?
Does it really have to be that way?
I haven't read the Bible, so go figures.
There's nothing just bad in believing, but sometimes religions are... just too serious.

just too serious? are you kidding me man? take a peak in that bible. how the fuck do you believe in something you haven't even read?

thank GOD i'm an atheist.

Nov 15, 2009, 00:10

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: