Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your advice please..
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Your advice please..

I am going to buy my sister a Stereolab CD as part of her Xmas. She is a huge music fan, and I am positive she will dig our beloved groop.

She is mainly into guitar-based mainstream 'indie' - Buffy Clyro, Muse etc - but she also likes S&B, poppy stuff, and some dance music.

I'm thinking ETK would be a good start. It's a toss up between that and D&L. What do you think??

Nov 20, 2009, 14:14

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re: Your advice please..

the first I thought about was ETK endeed )

but what about oscillons?

Nov 20, 2009, 14:25

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Dots and Loops!

Nov 20, 2009, 14:29

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Booklover wrote:
the first I thought about was ETK endeed )

Great idea. Thanks!

Nov 20, 2009, 14:33

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Dots and Loops!

Oh man, she's gonna have a bundle :)

Nov 20, 2009, 14:33

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

really, it has a nice x-mas box with stickers, and lots of songs to choose from)

Nov 20, 2009, 14:52

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Booklover wrote:
really, it has a nice x-mas box with stickers, and lots of songs to choose from)

It's the ideal choice. Thanks, BL.

Nov 20, 2009, 14:57

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I've given Oscillons as a gift before and it was a bit overwhelming for the listener. It's a helluva lot of genius to take in. People tend to "get" Stereolab more when they ease into it.

I suggest ETK too.

Nov 20, 2009, 15:43

guero
170 posts

How about ABC Music? The best from their two best eras! Even if it's live (in studio), the sound on cd1 is better than the albums the songs originally appears on.

If not, then go for ETK!

Nov 20, 2009, 16:15

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Booklover wrote:

i'm w/ booklover on this one...

Nov 20, 2009, 16:28

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index