Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your advice please..
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re: Your advice please..

hey Martin, what about Broadcast merch? (Would be nice if you replied on Broadcast forum)

Nov 20, 2009, 21:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Booklover wrote:
really, it has a nice x-mas box with stickers, and lots of songs to choose from)

Do they come with stickers anymore? I thought that was just a first pressing thing.

Nov 20, 2009, 22:33

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

that's a good idea.

Nov 21, 2009, 01:28

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

"Oscillons From The Anti-Sun" absolutely. Other options could be "Serene Velocity" which gives a mix of all three eras and "ABC Music - The Radio 1 Sessions".

Nov 22, 2009, 18:09

mellotron
mellotron
154 posts

I found Serene Velocity in a cut-out bin for $4. I bought it for the purpose of getting someone into the Groop, and if it doesn't work I'm only out $4.

I think Oscillons would be way too dense as an introduction. I love it to death, but I already had a handle on the Groop's sound when I got it.

I agree that MAQ is a good intro album for fans of alt-rock.

Nov 22, 2009, 18:18

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

I have ordered Oscillons and ETK, but after this mornings listening I need to order Refried Ectoplasm as well. Not sure how I didn't think of that to start with!

Nov 22, 2009, 18:25

Martian
Martian
328 posts

Accessability: Dots and Loops

But maybe I'm partial since Dots got me into the Groop to begin with. And from there blossomed an incredible love story.

Cybele

Nov 23, 2009, 18:44

Martian
Martian
328 posts

I Take That Back. . .

Aluminum Tunes. Just for the variety factor and the length.

Cybele

Nov 23, 2009, 18:45

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Oscillons "out of print and unavailable".

:(

Nov 23, 2009, 19:28

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

GaryB wrote:
Oscillons "out of print and unavailable".

:(

I can airmail a new unrapped copy to you after December 1.

Around here we typically burn a CD for someone as a gift. It is a custom tailored CD and your effort of course is part of the gift.

Nov 23, 2009, 21:41

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index