Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Flowchart: Rip Off or Appreciation?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: Flowchart: Rip Off or Appreciation?

GaryB wrote:
Transient and space-age are of course two covers Tim nicked from other releases. So flowchart ripped off the rip offs!

this is true. but when the groop ripped the cover art for their albums it was clever and was meant as a reference point to those actual records -- it was a device they took from the situationists.

Nov 30, 2009, 21:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1084 posts

apparntly later records are less stereolabby but the first one is like a carbon copy!

Dec 01, 2009, 01:14

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Labhead wrote:
The first song has a funny name, "Hero Wine", kinda sounds like Heroin, huh?

It's more like "Heroine" actually, referring to a female hero, not a hard drug.

Dec 01, 2009, 13:46

YZ
YZ
72 posts

mikka000 wrote:
apparntly later records are less stereolabby but the first one is like a carbon copy!

Erm, later records sound almost nothing like Stereolab. Cumulus Mood Twang sounds like a crossover between MBV and Seefeel, and I've heard what else they've released since is plain electronic music... Anyways, I love Cumulus Mood Twang and Tenjira. I also think I got Pre-2000 Singles And Comp Tracks, but for some reason I never listened to.

Dec 03, 2009, 13:52

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

I love 'flutterby butterfly' in the Wurlitzer Jukebox label. In fact all the WJ 7s are awesome! Great label.

Dec 03, 2009, 14:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

you probably work for flowchart. why else would you give stereolab a flowchart record?? what are they going to do with a flowchart record? they must think you're insane.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:22

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I gave them a book about a famous trumpet player and I scribbled in it. yes it's for all of them so you don't have to fight over it.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:24

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
you probably work for flowchart. why else would you give stereolab a flowchart record?? what are they going to do with a flowchart record? they must think you're insane.

Hahaha, you might be right that maybe they thought I was insane. :)

Someone else told me they thought they might be insulted somehow. I figured they'd get a kick out of it, that's all... If I was in a band and someone ripped me off, I'd like to check it out, too, wouldn't you? :)

It's the only Flowchart I've heard, and I wasn't too impressed, but now I want to hear it again to see... sometimes opinions change.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:50

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

sure. I'll check it out if the opportunity ever presents itself. I'm not going to go out of my way. Maybe flowchart was playing a joke on stereolab. I don't know. the music makes me so ill.

Dec 03, 2009, 20:08

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

This film has Flowchart's 'Flutterby Butterfly' soundtracking the zany dancing. I have 2 copies on 7". If anybody wants it - it's yours, for free!

Dec 03, 2009, 23:04

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index