Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Flowchart: Rip Off or Appreciation?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Flowchart: Rip Off or Appreciation?

I didn't think that sounded like the groop at all. No. No thanks. why don't you send your flowchart albums to stereolab since apparently they are the flowchart record depository. when I hear something like that, I want those 6 minutes of my like back. I fear for the person I'll become now that I've been subjected to that cacophony.

Dec 04, 2009, 01:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I didn't think that sounded like the groop at all. No. No thanks. why don't you send your flowchart albums to stereolab since apparently they are the flowchart record depository. when I hear something like that, I want those 6 minutes of my like back. I fear for the person I'll become now that I've been subjected to that cacophony.

Someone said that Multi-Personality Tabletop Vacation may b the only one they did that sounded like a Stereolab rip-off.
The video you just saw wasn't from that.

This is what you want to sample, from this page click "Listen to all" uder Listen to Samples:

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Personality-Tabletop-Vacation-Flowchart/dp/B000001WXB

It will only steal 30 seconds x 9 songs.

Dec 04, 2009, 03:50

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Labhead wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

Someone said that Multi-Personality Tabletop Vacation may b the only one they did that sounded like a Stereolab rip-off.
The video you just saw wasn't from that.

This is what you want to sample, from this page click "Listen to all" uder Listen to Samples:

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Personality-Tabletop-Vacation-Flowchart/dp/B000001WXB

It will only steal 30 seconds x 9 songs.

Haha, as I'm listening to this, #8 & 9 are messed up. Amazon didn't get a good rip I guess. Come to think of it, my copy that I gave the 'lab was a little warped as well. Bad quality. Plus, it sounds to me like 'lab demos.

Dec 04, 2009, 03:53

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

According to Piero Scaruffi, the members of Flowchart were still underage when they recorded MPTV album. So go figure: it's usual that teenagers tend to want to emulate their influences way more than anyone else. For that matter, R. Stevie Moore copied Frank Zappa a lot too when he was at his teens, as is evident from his "Grease Theme" (1968), written and recorded when he was 16.

Dec 04, 2009, 08:15

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

Dec 04, 2009, 08:19

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index