Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Brigitte...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZ
YZ
72 posts

Brigitte...

...Today at some point a melody came up in my mind. A melody that I felt belong to Stereolab and, quite quickly, I realised it belongs to "Brigitte". I was right. I listened to it now and I can't believe I remember that pop hook! I think I only listened to this song once several months ago, but somehow it remained in my mind and resurfaced only now in my conscious. And obviously only now I realised how much I like it. Wow, so underrated in my books. And I thought there aren't anymore Stereolab songs left to appreciate for me! I was wrong.
And the second part of the song is great too.

Dec 03, 2009, 15:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Brigitte...

there's always a forgotten Stereolab gem to revisit. I love "Brigitte" too. Such a cool lady!

Dec 03, 2009, 15:30

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

meanchico wrote:
there's always a forgotten Stereolab gem to revisit. I love "Brigitte" too. Such a cool lady!

Dec 03, 2009, 17:39

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

meanchico wrote:

And a racist! arrested some 14 times for in-sighting racial riots.

but i loves her to death despite the fact that she believes that Blacks, Arabs and gays have permanently eroded the culture of France.

Dec 03, 2009, 18:27

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I read the track listing wrong on ABC and I thought some other song was Brigitte until this past year. Then I discovered my mistake. and I was so surprised. it was a good surprise just it was so shocking. I like that ABC. that's a good one. today I'm going to make it my number one.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:06

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

waxenpith wrote:
meanchico wrote:

And a racist! arrested some 14 times for in-sighting racial riots.

but i loves her to death despite the fact that she believes that Blacks, Arabs and gays have permanently eroded the culture of France.

I'm sorry to hear that; didn't know that about her. It's a shame when great artists let that kind of hate into their lives. Maybe it's a form of mental illness. I remember Kurt Vonnegut (forget which book) talking about the "thunderstorms" inside the head of family friend Jack Kerouac that caused him to spew racist and anti-semitic babble. Vonnegut also described the writer Louis-Ferdinand CÚline in a similar way. CÚline wrote one of the great novels of the 20th century, "Journey to the End of the Night", yet he was a rabid anti-semite. Sad.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:14

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

Is this for real?

The song is about Brigitte FONTAINE, not Brigitte Bardot.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:15

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Nine years ago, when I took my first job here in Paris, I found that one of my new colleagues was named 'Brigitte'. I excitedly started telling her about how one of my favourite bands had a song featuring her name, and she seemed intrigued.

I brought it the next day and played it for her. She hated it. She thought me a freak for even thinking she might not hate it.

That was the last time I ever spoke to anyone at work*.

*about The Groop

Dec 03, 2009, 19:41

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

of course it is! Brigitte Fontaine is way cooler........and way more weird.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:46

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

wow. that's humiliating. I thought the other song was Brigitte, yeah, I think I thought spinal column was Brigitte and I like that song better. I don't like Brigitte.

Dec 03, 2009, 19:47

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index