Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
They are all the best
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

brakhage
brakhage
58 posts

They are all the best

Well, I read all the comments about each album that is the best, but I must admit I can't join any of them. I think the best album is the one I am listening to (except to Mars Audiac Quintet, I finally don't like).

Even if I always say that TRNBWA is my all time favorite album, each time I am listening to an album or another, it's my favorite. Peng, TRNBWA, ETK, Cobra, Sound-Dust, Margerine, etc are the best albums.

There are always things in each album that do it's the best one : a sound, a design, a voice, an instrument, an idea, a word, a title... well, something that make the difference.

It's probably why I like so much Stereolab for a so long time.

Oct 24, 2008, 11:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: They are all the best

there is something for everyone. I find i have moods, sometimes i drift towards one more then the other and then later in the year all i do is listen to another constantly. I have all their albums, and the only one im not that kean on is Peng. I listen to it, but not as often as the rest.

Oct 24, 2008, 13:25

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

amen, brother.

Oct 24, 2008, 15:23

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Thought it's definitely not my favorite, this album has one of my favorite Stereolab opening tracks "Super Falling Star." It's so smooth and moody.

I love me some "K-Stars" for the same reason too.

Oct 24, 2008, 16:05

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

its not without its charm, but (to use a lbo word) its samey. K-stars is pretty damn good tho.

Oct 25, 2008, 00:44