Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
the sea and cake - car alarm
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

the sea and cake - car alarm

has anyone heard this yet?

Oct 24, 2008, 16:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: the sea and cake - car alarm

Yeah, typically solid.

Oct 24, 2008, 16:12

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

yes, its ok... some nice little synthy bits but its all together to vocal for my tastes. packaging gets a double negative boring. i was kind of bored but i 've only listened to it twice.

Oct 25, 2008, 00:42

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

You know, I am hesistant to pick this one up. I thought Oui and One Bedroom were really good records, but the last record left me w/ the blahs.
If you ever meet these guys you will see they are not very enthusiastic and it's starting to show in their material. I really did like Archer though; I had a long conversation with him about his guitars. Bands like this I hate to say it are starting to become dated. I say this as I own every S&C record made. Even their last live show was a notch down. I thought Sam's 2 solo records were better than the last S&C album and that's a direction he should go. Archer's solo stuff has a few good songs. If there was ever a time for a band to split up it might be now. Sorry to be so negative on one of my fav bands, but just the state of things. On a positive side; their recording quality is always brilliant and Sam is one of the best rythm guitarist I have ever seen; along w/ Archer it's great. I did catch a solo Sam show w/ just he and Archer; it was fantastic.

Oct 28, 2008, 08:56

Peepscat
24 posts

I have to disagree--I think TSAC have a second wind--I saw them twice last year and the second concert, in particular, was amazing. I think their hiatus did them some good. Like Stereolab, they are knocked for either sounding the same on all their albums or alternately getting too far away from their roots. I've also got all their albums and feel The Fawn was the weakest (I love One Bedroom, Nassau, Everybody and, yes, Car Alarm). I'm actually thrilled that this year gives us both Sterolab and TSAC albums and tours. The interviews with both bands also suggest that they are ready to be more productive again.

I think it is far from time for them to pack up. I'm just hoping Jim O'Rourke gets productive again.

Oct 28, 2008, 15:20

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I agree with you. The show I saw in Dallas (for Everybody) was immensely enjoyable! I think Car Alarm is great, and I loved Everybody too.

Oct 28, 2008, 15:42

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Oct 28, 2008, 18:04

Peepscat
24 posts

Thanks! I am going to see them in NYC in two weeks--I can't wait. It has been the best fall for concerts (and I got to meet Laetitia who was as lovely and graceful as everybody has said). Last time I saw TSAC, Archer, Sam and Eric were just wandering around before the show, talking to fans. If I hadn't been a coward I would have spoken to them.

Are they playing Dallas? When I lived in Houston, I only got to see Stereolab once, at Lollapalooza in 94. They didn't play Texas again until late 96 after I left.

Oct 28, 2008, 19:26

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

It looks like that are not coming to Dallas this time around, at least as far as I've seen.

Oct 28, 2008, 19:51

Peepscat
24 posts

That's a shame. As a former Texas resident I know TX often gets unfairly left out. It's a short tour--but maybe they'll tour twice as they did last year.

Oct 28, 2008, 20:05

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index