Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
quick LA report
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

murilix
murilix
87 posts

quick LA report

the groop`s setlist was almost the same and I believe they skipped one of the songs on the first part (before the encore, that is), but i`m not sure. no substantial tuning problems for tim compared to san francisco and a more relaxd felling thoughout despite the impression they have hd enough o this american tour.

monade was good, but i still see a lot of room for improvement. it`s funny to compare leatitia's mood change between a monade and a stereolab concert. being a bandleader ain`t easy. with the setlist being obviously doomed to sameness i couldn`t resist but shout `boite en carton`. laetitia replied they didn`t rehearse that one and i said `shame on you`. i met marie the bassplayer who was again very nice, asked if i were a muscian and stuff and told me if she knew i would be coming to la too they would have my name on the list. that`s sweet, but how can you approach someone saying... `hi, i think deserve to be on your list`?

jonathan swift is really talented but can`t he make a little less obvious music? i`m pretty sure he can make anything sound good with the incredible talent and voice he has, but anyone willing to listen to his stuff more than three times must have serious brain damage or less than 16 years . of course, many performers spend years and years doing the same old bs just relying on the charm and talent, but i believe it`s a bit too early for mr. swifty. i also find amusing the fact he was selling `out of print` 7 inches.

(disclaimer. my impression is solely based on the gig. if js`s recorded output is more original, i`ll gladly check it out)

Oct 24, 2008, 16:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: quick LA report

Ha, interesting. I didn't notice a tuning problem in the second SF night, just once when his equipment got completely unplugged and they had to start over! Isn't that what happened?

Oct 24, 2008, 17:01

conchis
2 posts

First time seeing them for me. Loved it! Was afraid they'd veer too far into that dreamy, sleepy place - not at all. They danced it up. Thoroughly had a great time.

Anyone know what their third song was? I nor anyone in my group had ever heard it before, but it killed. Anyone? Please!

Oct 24, 2008, 17:04

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

If you hadn't heard it, it might have been "Bump" which they've been playing and hasn't been released yet.

Oct 24, 2008, 17:10

murilix
murilix
87 posts

i think it was eye of the volcano...

Oct 24, 2008, 17:16

murilix
murilix
87 posts

yes, tuning problems were minor on the second gig but i could see he was annoyed. but the biggest problem was on ping pong. apparently, he had problems with what i believe is a boss digital delay pedal. i have one and it keeps letting me down too.

Oct 24, 2008, 17:19

madcat
madcat
3 posts

Yes it was definitely Eye of the Volcano. Anyone have the whole setlist?

Oct 24, 2008, 17:20

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

I didnt go..

hee hee ha ha ho ho!!!!

Oct 24, 2008, 17:22

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: I didnt go..

laughing to keep from crying...?

Oct 24, 2008, 17:26

conchis
2 posts

Thanks, guys!

Oct 24, 2008, 17:39

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index