Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
quick LA report
29 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: quick LA report

popeyewasgreat wrote:
talking about dancing, i had some weird problem with someone dancing with the groop's song.

when i was in the show earlier in sept there was a couple standing right in front of me. the guy was really tall and the girl was the opposite. it was amazing for him to get into the dancing mood right away and the whole time he was like humping his little gf.but it was also funny that he didnt seem to know when the song arrived to a point of quietness(not the end), and when he stopped for a second thinking that the music was over the song started again ( very common for stereolab's songs)

i am not trying to be snobby and say that people who doesnt know the lab should not come and enjoy and learn about them. but to me, listening to stereolab's song as purely dance music is a big disgrace to the band.
there was also this guy standing in front of me in the LA show that danced with the songs like he is playing those instruments..haha. it was fun to watch but also quite annoying, especially when you see him pretending playing the guitar.
personally i would just not look at them playing but to really listen to the layers, i think that's the most interesting part of their performance, i might go with the beat but i might be a bit timid to dance like crazy.

i think the bottom line is, dancing without bumping into the surrounding by not over exaggerating the moves...save those for abba's concert i would say.

takes all kinds, and it's nice there's somewhat of a diversity of people at their shows. there will always be annoying people, and always people who will be annoyed. ;)

I like to dance at their shows, but I just do a sort of modified dancing for confined spaces. I was very close to front center. I kept eyeing the girl in back of me because she seemed a little loose and had a big cup of beer a bit too close for comfort. Then later she tried to get in front of me, and I told her no way am I letting her! You have to stand tough.

Oct 29, 2008, 16:51

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: