Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"champagne" for NYE
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re:

It tasted horrible, y'all were right. But there was enough good stuff. Still, I had to drive home, so I didn't get plastered. :) I need to drink tons of water after that...

Jan 01, 2010, 09:11

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re:

I like frozen fruit in alcohol. I'm not gonna go into all of that. My champagne was great. It only cost me eight dollars. It was from Spain and it was nice and dry. made a big pop when opened. It was terrific. I should drink it more often. I like sparkling wine.

Jan 02, 2010, 08:46

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Fizzy from the bizzy...

The Gruet Winery in New Mexico makes some excellent sparklers at the $15 price point, by far the best champagne value I have found. Their Brut, Blanc de Noirs, and Demi-Sec are all great; they would still be a deal at twice the price! I've noticed that several of our restaurants here in DC have added Gruet to their wine lists, and also use it in some of their old-fashioned champagne cocktails.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

http://www.gruetwinery.com/

Jan 02, 2010, 14:22

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Fizzy from the bizzy...

he don't lie! I tried a Gruet brut per recommendation and it was great.

Jan 02, 2010, 14:54

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Fizzy from the bizzy...

Thanks! I'll look this thread up for next year. :)

Jan 02, 2010, 19:42

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index