Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Worst Stereolab (or closely related project) album cover/art?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts
Jan 15, 2010, 03:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

orphistic
orphistic
20 posts

Re: Worst Stereolab (or closely related project) album cover/art?

I thought the cover to Uilab's Fires ep was pretty poor. Could have done so much better.

Jan 15, 2010, 05:26

mikka000
1084 posts

hmmm, stereolab usually make good sleeves. maybe microbe hunters? oh i dunno, i give up! lol

Jan 15, 2010, 05:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5935 posts

I'm not too fond of Cobra... I mean the cover, the album is one of my favorites!

Jan 15, 2010, 06:39

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Labhead wrote:
La Vie d'Artiste

somehow i don't think tim or sean had much say in the design of that album cover...

now as far as the ones go in which they did have a say... i'm going with 'margerine eclipse' -- looks like the side of an orange juice carton. i actually flipped it around and use the brown 'alternate' cover on the other side of the sleeve. plus, i dunno what they were thinking when they decided to use brown and orange again after 'cobra'. felt like it was whipped together w/ very little thought involved...

Jan 15, 2010, 15:51

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

It seems like there's not gray area as far as the brown/orange combination goes. People either love it or hate it (sort of like the groop, eh?).

I love it!

Jan 15, 2010, 17:21

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I love it, too. And I'm not even really a fan of Cobra (relative to the other albums).

Jan 15, 2010, 18:56

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

I love the Cobra cover! Super minimal with a cool font. Plus, I love brown and orange as a combo.

Jan 15, 2010, 19:06

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Aluminum Tunes. Although it possibly represents cast aluminum letters it is just a bit plain. Oscillons From The Anti-Sun, although simple, is much better becuase the smoke rings are intriguing just as the smoke trails on Cobra.

Jan 15, 2010, 19:15

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Archigram wrote:
I love the Cobra cover! Super minimal with a cool font. Plus, I love brown and orange as a combo.

i have no problem w/ the brown and orange -- i wear orange socks w/ my brown shoes quite often -- but i found them using the same color scheme twice in such a short time to be redundant...

Jan 15, 2010, 19:16

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index