Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
when was the slide trombone ditched?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

murilix
murilix
87 posts

when was the slide trombone ditched?

to me, laetitia playing the slide trombone was one of the most beautiful sights ever. i thought she would have a go at it on this tour. when she stopped playing it live? afaik, she played it extensively on the sound dust tour and also on the first monade shows...

Oct 24, 2008, 19:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: when was the slide trombone ditched?

For sure a disappointment, and the French horn loss too. Not to mention the addition of bad backing vocals.

Oct 24, 2008, 19:50

murilix
murilix
87 posts

haha, i wouldn't label them as 'bad'. pretty difficult to come up with something close to the original. i think they do the job.

Oct 24, 2008, 20:22

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

k. wrote:
For sure a disappointment, and the French horn loss too. Not to mention the addition of bad backing vocals.

I've heard positive reactions to the new guy's backing vocals.
Personally, from what I've heard on the two audio shows that circulate, they might be just "ok".
But, frankly, I don't like a male presence in the vocals department.
A guy replacing Mary? They must be joking! It really doesn't suit their music.
I hope they don't ever dare to put him on a studio recording!!!
If they really must have a second vocalist, please let that be a woman.

Oct 25, 2008, 00:02