Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Martian
Martian
328 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

I Tried to upgrade Vista to 7. Ran the update thing to figure out which type of 7 to use on my system. I used my ccard to buy the files off Microsoft. I ran the first file and absolutely nothing happened. They gave me the 32 bit file. My computer is 64 bit. Meanwhile they couldn't find me as a customer, and so couldn't help me at all. It took hours on the phone to reach a dead-end.

So now I'm having fun disputing the charge with my ccard people and I guess I'll, you know, stick with Vista until the computer dies then buy a Mac.

And look, I don't want to be one of those pretentious Mac people. I actually like Vista and I liked XP. Windows 7 might be totally awesome. But the way Microsoft actually sells their product, fixes it, diagnoses and repairs, answers questions, etc. is such horseshit that it's not worth it!

Thank you for letting me blow off some steam. Windows 7? I may never use it now.

Cybele

Jan 22, 2010, 20:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Macs are a rip-off, and shite to boot. a very decent windows laptop with equal reliablility and performance is a mere 33% of the price. WTF?

macs = fashionable con

Jan 22, 2010, 20:53

jricher
jricher
37 posts

Tried it with my pc with Vista and didn't work, iTunes kept losing the location of my music... I needed to reload every time I wanted to update my iPod... in the end I bought a Mac! Problem solved!

Jan 22, 2010, 21:12

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Macs are a rip-off, and shite to boot. a very decent windows laptop with equal reliablility and performance is a mere 33% of the price. WTF?

macs = fashionable con

Speak yr mind man!

Jan 22, 2010, 21:13

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

itunes is singularly the worst, most revolting piece of software ever conceived by humnans. It's so bad it makes me feel positively nauseous.

Jan 22, 2010, 21:56

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I speak the truth, Gary, I say the things the fashionistas are afraid to say.

There's no way anyone can successfully argue that Macs are good value for money. They are white pieces of poop.

Jan 22, 2010, 21:57

Martian
Martian
328 posts

What do you use for music on your PC? Do you have an mp3 player? You didn't Zune did you?

Cybele

Jan 22, 2010, 21:58

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

thomas2 wrote:
itunes is singularly the worst, most revolting piece of software ever conceived by humnans. It's so bad it makes me feel positively nauseous.

Oh man, I love iTunes. All your songs in one handy place, and songs to buy. What's not to like?

Jan 22, 2010, 22:11

basil too
275 posts

thomas2 wrote:

Thomas, are you taking the mikey? Or are you just another one of those convinced by what you read? What negative experiences have you had with mac and itunes?

Jan 22, 2010, 22:12

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

no i'm deadly serious. it's like a disease, the apple corp!

Jan 22, 2010, 22:19

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index