Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

No, it just sucks full stop. Why for example can you have only one ipod per PC? Just daft.

Jan 22, 2010, 23:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

no, they're awful to use, as well as being a rip-off.

Jan 22, 2010, 23:42

basil too
275 posts

thomas2 wrote:
No, it just sucks full stop. Why for example can you have only one ipod per PC? Just daft.

aaahhh, if that is the worst thing you can think of, this must be the best computer and software ever created.

and you LIKE WINDOWS??!!!

As good as XP was / is it is still the bane of my job. The Macs NEVER require my work, the PC's are almost daily. This is a fact. I administer 250 PCs and 50 Macs.

Jan 22, 2010, 23:45

basil too
275 posts

thomas2 wrote:
no, they're awful to use, as well as being a rip-off.

pffft

Jan 22, 2010, 23:45

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

thomas2 wrote:
agree with me MORE EXPLICITY.

OK. Thomas is right, everyone. Macs are overpriced. And teapots made out of chocolate, while delicious, are highly ineffective.

Jan 22, 2010, 23:49

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I make a living from Microsoft (SQL Server), so I must declare a vested interest.

Jan 22, 2010, 23:57

Martian
Martian
328 posts

I'm with you Thomas. I was totally psyched about upgrading to Windows 7 but unfortunately Microsoft didn't have their shit together enough to, I dunno, give me the right files, make it relatively painless, not put me on hold for 8 hours then transfer me to a dead-end.

Why is that so freakin' hard?

Cybele

Jan 23, 2010, 01:20

Martian
Martian
328 posts

I think they're both great and flawed. Of course Windows are going to be more work. PCs are open-source, right? Apple is totally proprietary (except for the phone) and so it's easier but you can't fuck with it and the selection is limited.

If I knew that sticking Windows 7 on a Mac was painless and easy I'd have bought one years ago.

Someone tell me it's easy, right?

Cybele

Jan 23, 2010, 01:25

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Macs are a rip-off, and shite to boot. a very decent windows laptop with equal reliablility and performance is a mere 33% of the price. WTF?

macs = fashionable con

You gotta be kidding. Where can you get a decent Windows laptop for $333 US that has the performance and reliability of a MacBook? Plus, the Mac comes loaded with great software, including iMovie (very powerful video editing), Garage Band (great music mixing software), and iDVD (great DVD authoring app), not to mention Mail, iChat, iPhoto, etc., all included at no extra cost. What's more, all of the different apps on Mac integrate seamlessly, and are much more user-friendly than anything in the Windows world. Plus, us Apple types don't get viruses, and we never have to worry about drivers. You could plug a goddam watermelon into a Mac, and a watermelon icon would pop up on the desktop, and a dialog box would open up and ask you how many slices you wanted! I can't believe anyone could actually try using a Mac and still think Windows is better.
Believe me, it's not about the hype or the style for me. I'm a cheapskate at heart, but the Macs really are a value when you take everything into consideration.

Jan 23, 2010, 05:57

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

thomas2 wrote:

Are you limited to one iPod on the PC version of iTunes? I use multiple iPods on my Mac, as well as an Apple TV set-top device all through iTunes with no problems at all. Matter of fact, I only have to buy apps once, and it lets me put them on different iPods.

Jan 23, 2010, 06:01

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index