Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

GaryB wrote:
My PC is pretty full, but I don't want to buy a new one just yet.

Can iTunes 'sync' with an external hard-drive or stick? Or can iTunes only play songs on my PC's hard-drive?

Help :)

Changing where your iTunes files are stored:

By default, songs and other files you import into iTunes are stored here:

[Your Home Folder]/Music/iTunes

For best results, donít move the iTunes folder or folders inside it, and keep all your library files in one location.

To change the default location of imported files:

Choose iTunes > Preferences and click Advanced.

Click Change and select a new location for your files.

From now on, new songs and other items you import will be stored in the new location. Songs youíve already imported stay in their current location.

To restore the iTunes folder as the default storage location, click Reset (in the Advanced pane of iTunes preferences).

You can move already-imported files to a new location (for example, a different folder on your hard disk, or a different computer) by dragging the iTunes folder.

Jan 23, 2010, 06:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

basil too
275 posts

thomas2 wrote:
I make a living from Microsoft (SQL Server), so I must declare a vested interest.

I knew it!

Funny. I have 10,000 in Apple stock, so I am your alter ego.

Jan 23, 2010, 07:53

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5935 posts

I have vista and haven't had any trouble with it. No interest in a mac whatsoever. Photoshop is my love, and it works flawlessly on a pc with vista.

But I'd be curious to find out if Thomarse only has problems with the ipod because he uses a pc. Do they work better with a mac because it's proprietary, and have a motivation to make them work better on a mac? What else don't you like about them Tommy boy?

Jan 23, 2010, 08:05

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

basil too wrote:
thomas2 wrote:
I make a living from Microsoft (SQL Server), so I must declare a vested interest.

I knew it!

Funny. I have 10,000 in Apple stock, so I am your alter ego.

10k shares or dollars? I'm a shareholder too! Got in at average price of $74 a share. You and I will be happy on Monday when earnings results are announced. You know Apple will blow away estimates, even without any sales to thomas2 ;)
And we'll be even happier on Wednesday when the new tablet is announced. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a version with Verizon 3g capability. I think this could be as big as the iPhone.
Good luck, fellow shareholder!!!

Jan 23, 2010, 18:20

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

thomas2 wrote:
No, it just sucks full stop. Why for example can you have only one ipod per PC? Just daft.

You mean you don't have a Zune? Don't feel bad, no one does.

Jan 23, 2010, 18:25

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

Windows 7 is the mutt's nuts, so keep trying!

Jan 24, 2010, 14:51

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

I don't know if it's because it's on PC. I've never used iTunes on a Mac because I'm allergic to them.

It's just total shit, when you compare it to loading music onto a generic MP3 player via Windows Explorer (drag-drop). Import into library? WHY? WHY DO I HAVE TO? Sucks.

I inserted my daughter's iPod (gift from someone else, not me, of course), into my PC, not knowing this whole -it-has-to-only-be-used-in-its-home-PC garbage, and it wiped it. WTF? What totally BAD, WRONG software.

I could do better during my lunch hour, using only Notepad.

Jan 24, 2010, 14:54

basil too
275 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Windows 7 is the mutt's nuts, so keep trying!

No more virus's???!!!

Awesome! I will have to get a copy of that.

By the way, you know that PC magazine voted the best hardware to run Windows on was a MAC! (OK, for twice the price, it should be, but...)

I have a triple boot (OSX, LINUX, Windows XP) 17" Macbook Pro, 4GB of RAM, and when I want to surf the net, there is only one choice, Firefox on OSX. For graphic design work, Adobe Suite and OSX. For music editing, it Soundtrack Pro, again OSX. While I am at work, I mostly use Windows. I also use Windows for a my GPS navigation software and a few games. As for Linux, it has its place in the world, but it is really just for tinkering on the weekends.

Jan 24, 2010, 18:35

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I'm not really a computer person but I don't want to be left out.
Couldn't you collect zip drives?
Maybe you should buy a new computer but then you would have 2 computers.
Computers will be free very soon..
I want as many computers as the body is capable of handling.
My advice is to zip drive it. but, I don't know too much about computers.

Jan 24, 2010, 20:50

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

wracket wrote:

OK. Thomas is right, everyone. Macs are overpriced. And teapots made out of chocolate, while delicious, are highly ineffective.

I love you. Did I ever tell you?

Jan 24, 2010, 21:53

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index