Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

basil too wrote:
jauntymonty wrote:
...snippetology and not keeping up to date with the latest releases and the anti- mp3 technology.

hahahahaha

what the hell does this mean??!!

;)

As you are apparently a music & recording industry guru of sorts and, I a simple layman, if you dont know what this means then I am truly insane.

1. A snippet is little piece of a song how annoying!

2. I tune files are mp4 format. A pain if wanting to convert to mp3.

3. I tunes does not always provide new music on its release date. Beach House Teen Dream was advertised as release date of 1/10/10 and later advertised as 1/25/10I guess Ill see today if my illusion is true.

pardon me for not explaining, but as Thomas said it was a rant.

Jan 25, 2010, 19:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

basil too
275 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
basil too wrote:
jauntymonty wrote:
...snippetology and not keeping up to date with the latest releases and the anti- mp3 technology.

hahahahaha

what the hell does this mean??!!

;)

As you are apparently a music & recording industry guru of sorts and, I a simple layman, if you dont know what this means then I am truly insane.

1. A snippet is little piece of a song how annoying!

2. I tune files are mp4 format. A pain if wanting to convert to mp3.

3. I tunes does not always provide new music on its release date. Beach House Teen Dream was advertised as release date of 1/10/10 and later advertised as 1/25/10I guess Ill see today if my illusion is true.

pardon me for not explaining, but as Thomas said it was a rant.

Don't take anything in this thread personal. It is like talking about Pro Football. Everyone has preferences and opinions and we all wrong and right.

Now I see you were talking about buying (all three complaints) music from iTunes. On this point, I totally agree. It sucks! When are they going to offer uncompressed files?! I pay the same for an Uncompressed CD or a crappy compressed mp3(4) digital copy. No Way!

I use iTunes for encoding (new version uses LAME encoder) it's pretty good. I also think it is excellent for organizing and playing music. Smart playlists are awesome, and with a few Airport Express units in the house, I have remote control of my entire library from anywhere in the house and can choose where in the house it plays.

Jan 25, 2010, 20:06

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

All 190,000 songs - wow.

What's your method/hardware/software for ripping vinyl to your computer?

Jan 25, 2010, 20:27

basil too
275 posts

GaryB wrote:
All 190,000 songs - wow.

Project 3 > Stanton 681 EEE MKIII > Denon 3806 > Macbook Pro > Sound Studio > 96khz / 24 bit > itunes LAME 320 kbps mp3

AND, 190,000 accessible worldwide via simplify media. It takes about 5 minutes to load the library, (it is a huge library file) but then I can browse and stream my entire library over the internet!

Jan 25, 2010, 20:36

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

basil too wrote:
GaryB wrote:
All 190,000 songs - wow.

Project 3 > Stanton 681 EEE MKIII > Denon 3806 > Macbook Pro > Sound Studio > 96khz / 24 bit > itunes LAME 320 kbps mp3

AND, 190,000 accessible worldwide via simplify media. It takes about 5 minutes to load the library, (it is a huge library file) but then I can browse and stream my entire library over the internet!

Wow!! Amazing.

:)

Jan 25, 2010, 20:38

basil too
275 posts

GaryB wrote:
basil too wrote:
GaryB wrote:
All 190,000 songs - wow.

Wow!! Amazing.

:)

Oh, did I mention that all this is FREE with a mac!

;)

Of course, there is probably free software for the PC that does something similar, but 1) good luck getting it to work, and 2) you'd take a (big?) risk downloading free software and installing it on a PC.

Jan 25, 2010, 20:42

popelespaulII
popelespaulII
7 posts

Yeah sorry garyB - My idea isn't really working out for me so I'd drop it...:-)

Seriously, I just put all my ITunes stuff on an external drive as the default location for Itunes. I think the default location can be changed from PC to external drive pretty easily using 'settings' or something like that. You can drag n drop your existing folders/files on drive C to the new location using windows explorer etc.

I'm not too well up on this stuff myself but it seems to work fine for me.

Good luck
PopelespaulII

Jan 25, 2010, 22:09

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

basil too wrote:
[

;)

Of course, there is probably free software for the PC that does something similar, but 1) good luck getting it to work, and 2) you'd take a (big?) risk downloading free software and installing it on a PC.

Huh? Why is it a risk? Viruses? I have antivirus software and I scan anything I download. I don't do anything too risky though. I've never gotten a virus on a pc ever.

Jan 26, 2010, 05:19

basil too
275 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
basil too wrote:
[

;)

Huh? Why is it a risk? Viruses? I have antivirus software and I scan anything I download. I don't do anything too risky though. I've never gotten a virus on a pc ever.

Yes. It is just that there are Virus's and Spyware GALORE when it comes to free PC software. antivirus is good but not foolproof and slows your PC down. Norton is a nightmare for this.

Jan 26, 2010, 07:26

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

I suppose, if you have a slow computer. I have a new-ish computer and it doesn't slow it down even a hair. It's no problem whatsoever. I'm pretty careful about downloads, and read reviews first. I want something that will work, and doesn't have that crap. I don't blindly download things.

Jan 26, 2010, 07:53

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index