Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

basil too
275 posts

Re: IPad

wracket wrote:
If you mean target price then say it. Not that any self-respecting buy-side PM (the force which actually moves the markets, not retail bank accounts) gives a rat's ass what CS or anyone's target price is.

Not trying to get huffy...but just as you were getting a bit cranky about non-IT people saying things that were coherent to an IT professional such as yourself, well, here we are in my neck of the woods, so...

Having said all that, I'm sure Apple's stock will do fine for the next few years. Then it will wither for a decade. Then they'll release the iCar and be saved.

Awesome! Free financial advice. All I want to know is when should I sell? ;)

And I should state for the record, "I don't know shit about stocks".

I am only buying APPL on my opinion of the the forward thinking CEO and quality (read expensive) products they produce.

One more opinion, the iPad value for APPL is not about hardware, Jobs even said it in the "event", Apple want to get this device in peoples hands. The iPad is about content delivery. That is where the profits will come from. Selling games, textbooks, books, newspapers, magazines, movies, tv shows, Apps, oh and more music. They have sold THREE BILLION...THAT'S BILLION apps to iPhone and iPod touch users.

Jan 27, 2010, 22:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Martian
Martian
328 posts

They'll release the iCock which will revolutionize stuff like the Wii.

Cybele

Jan 28, 2010, 03:49

Martian
Martian
328 posts

The iCockring supports mp3s and vibrates to music of your choosing.

Jan 28, 2010, 03:52

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

c in dc wrote:
Look into Steve's eyes, Thomas. You are getting verrrrrrryyyyy slllleeeeeepppyyyy. When you awake, you will have an uncontrollable urge to own Mac products. Repeat after me: I must have an iPad...I must have an iPad...I must have an iPad...

As far as I know, Apple invented the disposable expensive portable electronic device.

Ipad, Ipod, Iphone, all have batteries that can not be replaced by the user. After 300 recharges, a lithium battery will lose about 20% capacity; at 400 recharges, it's 35% lost, at 500, 60%.

Lithium batteries loses capacity over time anyway, even when not used.

Apple got so rich because somewhat they have convinced millions of people that spending hundreds of dollars for a disposable gadget that is meant to become unusable after 2 to 4 years of normal use is a sensible decision.

People buy their I-crap, and when the battery is worn out, they throw away this otherwise perfectly functioning device and buy more I-crap, or they pay high price to have the battery replaced at an Apple factory.

Why bother to build a device with a swappable/replaceable battery if the I-people are gullible enough to buy one with the battery locked in? That is a perfectly sound marketing decision, but it is a demented environmental decision if you think of the thousands of tons of I-crap that goes in the trash every year just because the battery is dead. Apple claims to care for the environment, but it's a lie.

Anyway, there is no doubt to me that this Ipad will have a huge success, despite it's enormous flaw, after all, the Ipods and Iphones sold by the millions even if they had that same huge flaw.

So go on, I-people, buy more disposable I-crap, it's good for Apple, the inventor of disposable expensive portable electronic devices, Steve Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank because of you. It's good for your Apple shares, too!

Jan 28, 2010, 08:16

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Hehe. Ipad on Mad TV a couple years ago.

Jan 29, 2010, 05:35

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Heh,heh..that's funny.

This made me think of that scene from the movie Love Story where Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal were laying naked on the couch studying.

Jan 29, 2010, 18:39

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

c in dc wrote:
basil too wrote:
thomas2 wrote:
I make a living from Microsoft (SQL Server), so I must declare a vested interest.

I knew it!

Funny. I have 10,000 in Apple stock, so I am your alter ego.

10k shares or dollars? I'm a shareholder too! Got in at average price of $74 a share. You and I will be happy on Monday when earnings results are announced. You know Apple will blow away estimates, even without any sales to thomas2 ;)
And we'll be even happier on Wednesday when the new tablet is announced. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a version with Verizon 3g capability. I think this could be as big as the iPhone.
Good luck, fellow shareholder!!!

Hey Basil, you still long Apple? If so, congratulations!
We can sip some bubbly tonight.

Apr 20, 2011, 21:06

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

c in dc wrote:
c in dc wrote:
basil too wrote:
thomas2 wrote:
I make a living from Microsoft (SQL Server), so I must declare a vested interest.

I knew it!

Funny. I have 10,000 in Apple stock, so I am your alter ego.

10k shares or dollars? I'm a shareholder too! Got in at average price of $74 a share. You and I will be happy on Monday when earnings results are announced. You know Apple will blow away estimates, even without any sales to thomas2 ;)
And we'll be even happier on Wednesday when the new tablet is announced. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a version with Verizon 3g capability. I think this could be as big as the iPhone.
Good luck, fellow shareholder!!!

Hey Basil, you still long Apple? If so, congratulations!
We can sip some bubbly tonight.

Jul 18, 2011, 19:33

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index