Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo - computer people
98 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: Yo - computer people

c in dc wrote:
Look into Steve's eyes, Thomas. You are getting verrrrrrryyyyy slllleeeeeepppyyyy. When you awake, you will have an uncontrollable urge to own Mac products. Repeat after me: I must have an iPad...I must have an iPad...I must have an iPad...

As far as I know, Apple invented the disposable expensive portable electronic device.

Ipad, Ipod, Iphone, all have batteries that can not be replaced by the user. After 300 recharges, a lithium battery will lose about 20% capacity; at 400 recharges, it's 35% lost, at 500, 60%.

Lithium batteries loses capacity over time anyway, even when not used.

Apple got so rich because somewhat they have convinced millions of people that spending hundreds of dollars for a disposable gadget that is meant to become unusable after 2 to 4 years of normal use is a sensible decision.

People buy their I-crap, and when the battery is worn out, they throw away this otherwise perfectly functioning device and buy more I-crap, or they pay high price to have the battery replaced at an Apple factory.

Why bother to build a device with a swappable/replaceable battery if the I-people are gullible enough to buy one with the battery locked in? That is a perfectly sound marketing decision, but it is a demented environmental decision if you think of the thousands of tons of I-crap that goes in the trash every year just because the battery is dead. Apple claims to care for the environment, but it's a lie.

Anyway, there is no doubt to me that this Ipad will have a huge success, despite it's enormous flaw, after all, the Ipods and Iphones sold by the millions even if they had that same huge flaw.

So go on, I-people, buy more disposable I-crap, it's good for Apple, the inventor of disposable expensive portable electronic devices, Steve Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank because of you. It's good for your Apple shares, too!

Jan 28, 2010, 08:16

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: