Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Avatar" Depression
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

"Avatar" Depression

I still haven't seen this movie yet. It seemed easily dismissable at first (reminded me of Fern Gully). But now that it's making all this money, is it SO great that people even want to commit suidice? Here's a news story:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope...*rolleyes*

Jan 21, 2010, 19:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

It is a pretty cool movie. Thought I'd hate it, it being all sci-fi and gunz and stuff, but I was rather impressed.

It was my first 3D film.

Jan 21, 2010, 20:09

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Avatar vs The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

MY RETURN wrote:
I still haven't seen this movie yet. It seemed easily dismissable at first (reminded me of Fern Gully). But now that it's making all this money, is it SO great that people even want to commit suidice? Here's a news story:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope...*rolleyes*

I hope to see it this weekend, but first I need to see Terry Gilliam's new movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

Jan 21, 2010, 20:26

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re:

anybody experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after joining spectacular world of Stereolab?

Jan 21, 2010, 21:41

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re:

Booklover wrote:
anybody experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after joining spectacular world of Stereolab?

Yes, but less than pre-Stereolab. :)

Jan 21, 2010, 23:22

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re:

I can't be bothered. I guess it's some kind of original way of explaining things. the kids love it because it's kind of scary. Make it a bandage.

Jan 22, 2010, 00:46

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re:

laugh at you. got you again.

Jan 22, 2010, 00:47

rufus
rufus
82 posts

Spoiler alert

Well, the world is pretty nice but I wouldn't go getting depressed about our world not being Utopia. Moreover, I reckon those Pandorans had a Pyrrhic victory. Many of them died and their home was destroyed. Furthermore, the prospect of the corporation with money, guns and technology coming back seems a given. Finally, they were colonised by stealth as a human with human sensibilities (despite his indoctrination into the tribe) is now their leader and they have now seen the power of guns and electricity and are bound to be tempted to use them.

Jan 22, 2010, 02:17

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: Decompression

nation

exclaimation

pandora

euphora

must see it

must be it

Jan 24, 2010, 03:53