Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The "I'm Not Seeing Avatar" Club
57 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: The

rufus wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
... i really could care less about it.

I usually try to define myself by what I will do rather than what I won't. So whilst I am "not a Christian" I would never label myself as such. Christianity has no bearing on my vision of myself. Thus, I will not be known as a member of the "I'm not buying Pink's Funhouse" nor "I am not eating this rotten meat" club. I think it is a good philosophy, even if I cannot always stick to it.

Ditto this movie. By decrying it and saying "I won't see it and I want you to know it", you are totally buying into the whole Avatar phenomenon. You are saying Avatar is important to you but you are too prejudiced to watch it. Your only option now is to go and see it and then say you hated it or it was a waste of time. Anything else leaves you appearing to value Avatar highly.

Incidentally, I did see this film. Whilst I usually prefer stories with interesting dialogue and philosophical concepts, I ventured along with a group. The storyline is full of cliches but the overall message of the film is not too bad (respect nature). More importantly, the 3D experience was an awesome ride. Having said that, if anyone but members of the "I'm Not Seeing Avatar" Club does not watch it, their life will be no different.

Dude, i really didn't think that hard about it, it's a joke.

Jan 22, 2010, 03:46

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: