Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The State of the Union
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: debt, budgets, when Obama's policies take affect, compounding interest

AND... don't forget, Obama's tax plan cut our taxes more than McCain's planned to! Unless you make more than $111,646 a year...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/09/ST2008060900950.html

Whatcha got to say now, huh? Butbutbutbut, businesses.... boo-frickin'-hoo, they've been getting a free lunch and getting too greedy for too long, where's our share? The wealth is concentrated in the top few % more than in fairly recent history, and it's getting worse. We have a minimum wage, how about a maximum wage? I don't think Obama's liberal enough. He should be saying "I won by a landslide and I was even an underdog due to racism, so this is how it's gonna go from now on, bitches!", right?

I'm just saying, things should be more fair, not anarchy.

Feb 04, 2010, 05:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: The State of the Union

Pretty lame, slushy.

Feb 04, 2010, 08:12

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

Labhead wrote:
AND... don't forget, Obama's tax plan cut our taxes more than McCain's planned to! Unless you make more than $111,646 a year...

What does McCain have to do with any of this? YES - any new President has a lot to deal with. Those are some nice grafts you displayed. I'm sure your proud of them......and it's easy to see that you are proud of Obama too. I would be in some agreement with you if he kept a few basic promises:

A. Obama the campaigner repeatedly stated his disdain for pork barrel / wasteful spending. Less than 45 days into his Presidency, he signed a budget bill giving out millions for such projects. He signed many additional bills with millions more attached.

B. Campaigner Obama promised to make the federal government more efficient......and there would be transparency too! Of course, this simply wasn't the case when trying to pass the health care bill.

C. Obama promised to never appoint a lobbyist to any position that he had control over. (think he forgot about this one).

For me, it just appears all of this campaign promises are meaningless for now. IF he doesn't make a few of them happen by the end of year two, the Democratic Party will be done with him.

The above are simple facts and have NOTHING to do with those on the left, right or whatever they believe!

Feb 04, 2010, 16:09

revox
revox
800 posts

Bytor Peltor wrote:
I would be in some agreement with you if he kept a few basic promises:

A. Obama the campaigner repeatedly stated his disdain for pork barrel / wasteful spending. Less than 45 days into his Presidency, he signed a budget bill giving out millions for such projects. He signed many additional bills with millions more attached.

B. Campaigner Obama promised to make the federal government more efficient......and there would be transparency too! Of course, this simply wasn't the case when trying to pass the health care bill.

C. Obama promised to never appoint a lobbyist to any position that he had control over. (think he forgot about this one).

For me, it just appears all of this campaign promises are meaningless for now. IF he doesn't make a few of them happen by the end of year two, the Democratic Party will be done with him.

The above are simple facts and have NOTHING to do with those on the left, right or whatever they believe!

Uh huh, so those 're things he 'hasn't' done, has anything that he said he'd do actually been done?

~8^\>

Feb 04, 2010, 16:45

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

no. I consider comments concerning his oratory gifts veiled racism. I'm not accusing anyone of racism.
I want the president to be recognized for more than being a great orator and being partially African-American.

It reminds me of Chris Rock comedy bit, "He speaks so well..." it's funny.

Feb 04, 2010, 16:49

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Once again I'm not accusing anyone of racism. I feel that it's a prevalent sentiment I find irritating. Anyone who is impressed with a persons' orations is obviously a person who isn't acquainted with the art of the con.
There's an old street adage, "conversation rules the nation!" I want less talk; more action.

Feb 04, 2010, 17:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

It was in comparison with our previous president who was an idiot, and let it show so clearly when he spoke.

Clinton was a good orator too.

Feb 04, 2010, 17:31

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Bytor Peltor wrote:

Obama doesn't have line item veto power.

Feb 04, 2010, 17:33

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

He did repeal the ban on stem cell research.

Feb 04, 2010, 17:48

revox
revox
800 posts

Kazak wrote:
He did repeal the ban on stem cell research.

Did he say he'd do that?

Could be seen as being a bad thing; were any reasons given for the repeal?

~8^|>

Feb 04, 2010, 18:07

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index