Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The State of the Union
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vega
vega
492 posts

Re: debt, budgets, when Obama's policies take affect, compounding interest

Feb 08, 2010, 05:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: debt, budgets, when Obama's policies take affect, compounding interest

vega wrote:

See, the Catholics should support stem cell research! Without putting them to good scientific use, they're just being wasted, which makes god quite irate! lol

Feb 08, 2010, 05:44

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Credit CARD Act Guide Part 2: Understanding Rate, Fee, and Clarity Changes

Bytor Peltor wrote:
revox wrote:
Uh huh, so those 're things he 'hasn't' done, has anything that he said he'd do actually been done?

~8^>

YES - there are several things Obama promised that has been accomplished. The credit card bill of rights and expanding the small business loan program are two of the biggest in my book. However, these were "no brainers" and a MUST to start down the road to financial recovery. As important as I feel these issues are, Obama didn't make them the most important of his campaign. He did not win the election because of these issues.

As I said in my earlier post: pork barrel / wasteful spending, transparency / efficient government, no appointments for lobbyist - these are the promises that got Obama elected. For me, these are the issues that are important......and the importance shouldn't be determined by who occupies the White House / Congress / how you or I voted. The "importance" comes from whats best for the United States.

Wow, the credit card changes DO look pretty good:

Credit CARD Act Guide Part 2: Understanding Rate, Fee, and Clarity Changes
http://www.cardratings.com/consumer-credit-card-act-guide.html

Feb 12, 2010, 00:11

Dominick
Dominick
141 posts

Re: The State of the Union

The ball is most certainly in the GOP court now???

Feb 12, 2010, 00:43

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Dominick wrote:

Yeah, and they've been hilarious(ly bad).

They tried saying Obama wasn't being open enough, and then he proceeded to make them look like fools when their debate was televised. Now, he's open to televising the health care debates with the GOP included and suddenly their getting cold feet. Too funny, they're lock cockroaches when the lights turn on and they scatter.

I say, move on without them and screw it, it's not like they really want to work with the liberals anyway, they just want Obama to fail even if it means America failing as well.

Feb 12, 2010, 02:20

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Labhead wrote:
Dominick wrote:

Yeah, and they've been hilarious(ly bad).

They tried saying Obama wasn't being open enough, and then he proceeded to make them look like fools when their debate was televised. Now, he's open to televising the health care debates with the GOP included and suddenly their getting cold feet. Too funny, they're lock cockroaches when the lights turn on and they scatter.

I say, move on without them and screw it, it's not like they really want to work with the liberals anyway, they just want Obama to fail even if it means America failing as well.

*they're* getting cold feet

and *like* cockroaches

man, I can't spell tonight, must be too tired

Feb 12, 2010, 02:21

BOTE_
381 posts

2012 Update

The prez said we got Bin Laden, jobs (not perfect but some) were created, the U.S. auto industry shot back to number one and every one of the GOP sat there with their hands crossed. lol Classic!

Jan 28, 2012, 22:46

glitz
88 posts

Re: 2012 Update

BOTE_ wrote:
The prez said we got Bin Laden, jobs (not perfect but some) were created, the U.S. auto industry shot back to number one and every one of the GOP sat there with their hands crossed. lol Classic!

I liked the part about re-allocating defense budget monies to improve infrastructure in the U.S.

Jan 28, 2012, 23:04

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I don't remember anything.

Jan 29, 2012, 03:43

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index