Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The State of the Union
79 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: debt, budgets, when Obama's policies take affect, compounding interest

Bytor Peltor wrote:
revox wrote:
Uh huh, so those 're things he 'hasn't' done, has anything that he said he'd do actually been done?

~8^>

YES - there are several things Obama promised that has been accomplished. The credit card bill of rights and expanding the small business loan program are two of the biggest in my book. However, these were "no brainers" and a MUST to start down the road to financial recovery. As important as I feel these issues are, Obama didn't make them the most important of his campaign. He did not win the election because of these issues.

As I said in my earlier post: pork barrel / wasteful spending, transparency / efficient government, no appointments for lobbyist - these are the promises that got Obama elected. For me, these are the issues that are important......and the importance shouldn't be determined by who occupies the White House / Congress / how you or I voted. The "importance" comes from whats best for the United States.

Give him time, he's working on it.

re: spending: It creates jobs, but of course some Democrats (and others) have abused it, as well as some cities mis-spending it, but the flip-side is Obama the dictator, making everybody do what he wants (I don't think you want that, right?).

re: transparency: He's made some headway, but there's still a long way to go. He agreed to a camera last Friday with no teleprompter for the meeting with Republicans, and Fox cut if off after a little over an hour because he was doing so well making the Republicans look bad. There was some transparency for you, and he also proved he can do great without a script!

re: lobbyists: He's made progress there as well (I think someone else spoke of that here), but a couple lobbyists have slipped through apparantly.

What else ya got? He's doing pretty damn good from what I can see, and I could feel he really meant what he was saying in his State of the Union and I completely agreed with almost all of it.

Feb 05, 2010, 01:53

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: