Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The State of the Union
79 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Credit CARD Act Guide Part 2: Understanding Rate, Fee, and Clarity Changes

Bytor Peltor wrote:
revox wrote:
Uh huh, so those 're things he 'hasn't' done, has anything that he said he'd do actually been done?

~8^>

YES - there are several things Obama promised that has been accomplished. The credit card bill of rights and expanding the small business loan program are two of the biggest in my book. However, these were "no brainers" and a MUST to start down the road to financial recovery. As important as I feel these issues are, Obama didn't make them the most important of his campaign. He did not win the election because of these issues.

As I said in my earlier post: pork barrel / wasteful spending, transparency / efficient government, no appointments for lobbyist - these are the promises that got Obama elected. For me, these are the issues that are important......and the importance shouldn't be determined by who occupies the White House / Congress / how you or I voted. The "importance" comes from whats best for the United States.

Wow, the credit card changes DO look pretty good:

Credit CARD Act Guide Part 2: Understanding Rate, Fee, and Clarity Changes
http://www.cardratings.com/consumer-credit-card-act-guide.html

Feb 12, 2010, 00:11

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: